Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Hatch
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

So I went out tuning for the first today! I was dreading it but it's actually really fun :) I'm using Crome Pro, LC-1 logged through Crome, Xenocron Logging cable and everything is working ok. I started by turning off my IACV and just setting it up with the idle screw and a nice ~14.7 AFR and a target of 1000rpm. I have the idle down and started moving towards cruising and light bursts. The AFR's are dropping a little fast, cruising is ~14:1 and then under some load ~high 13's:1 and then under a 60% TPS burst to ~5000 rpm it went to 12.9:1 AFR. I feel I can sort this out myself.

I do however want to know why when under engine breaking it shoots all the way up to 19+:1 AFR?

Also when I was going down my street my oil pressure gauge went down to 0 :3dtard: It's a Blox electro gauge. My oil light didn't come on and the gauge was all the way down touching the needle at 0. I turned my car off right away and checked the wiring witch was still attached. I turned my car on when I was in my drive way and the engine still purred almost silent and the gauge still read 0 with no oil light.

When does the stock oil light come on? what PSI?

·
Registered
230 Posts
under engine breaking you're AFR shoots up to 19+ because fuel cut is activated.
I think stock oil light comes on when oil pressure reaches 5psi , I think don't quote me on that.
maybe you're electro oil guage sending unit for blox is malfunctioning!

·
Registered
99 Hatch
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
under engine breaking you're AFR shoots up to 19+ because fuel cut is activated.
I think stock oil light comes on when oil pressure reaches 5psi , I think don't quote me on that.
maybe you're electro oil guage sending unit for blox is malfunctioning!
I see. So its not actually 19:1 its infinity:1. So this is ok then? lol I've been stabbing my clutch the second I take my foot of the gas to prevent this. I also think its the blox unit. I'll know soon enough... my engine will let me know :pinch:

·
Registered
99 Hatch
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.

Beaver you have the right to say "I told you so" about my oil pressure set up :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts