Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after I blew up my head from a really bad nitrous back fire a month ago, ive been reading, reasearching, experimenting and testing, starting from 35 shot to this, i must say its a real big difference. 50 shot was ok, 75 shot wow and 100shot feels like a totally diffrent monstor. It feels like a mid 12 sec car, faster than my all motor integra! feels like it has more torque than my old civic greddy powered coupe at 15psi! or did i inhale to much nitrous? Is it possible to run 12's with 100 shot? I'm going to track the car next week. just wondering if anybody else did it? thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1999 civic Hatchback
2,452 Posts
Nitrous is torque in a bottle so yes you should feel the car with more torque.

When you build your Vitara setup...are you going to spray it? I know some locals here spray on them with success but i dunno how big of a shot.

It would be cool to see documented a Nitrous Vitara setup.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Sweet! I've been reading a lot on nitrous. I've had a few turbo cars and i thought about boosting my eg but recently i've really been considering a little spray.

Is there anyway you could get a vid of the intrument cluster while your spraying?

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

When you build your Vitara setup...are you going to spray it? I know some locals here spray on them with success but i dunno how big of a shot.

Well i'm already on my 3rd bottle and spent over $100 on refills alone. for that reason i'm going turbo however the spray will still be there, just wont be using it as much but enough to reach my power goals ( i want 240-260whp on turbo, 350whp+ with spray)

NICE! so this is on a stock block?
Yep stock bottom end d15b just have a comp cam 59300.This motor used to be greddy powered 15 psi 246whp, abused by thieves (long story how i got my setup back) milage unknown but i assume it has over 140k miles..

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
yeah that was kinda confussing, it says its stolen in your sig.
Dam, 100 shot and 15psi on a stock bottom end. you got arps and a metal headgasket though right?

·
Registered
402 Posts

Isnt' the point of the Vitara pistons an affordable way to lower the compression? Nitrous LOVES high compression, so why would this make sense?

·
Registered
see above
4,258 Posts
nitrous loves compression. but it isnt the only thing that makes it work.
it makes sense because along with vitaras better rods will be used, thus allowing more nitrous to be used. just because of lower compression it doesnt make nitrous ineffective. just an added bonus if you have higher compression.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Can you use them on an all motor car if you have stock pistons? Is there any danger in blowing it?
Running Nitrous always have danger all depends on what setup on how you use it. Main issue with Nitrous is the delivery system on typical nitrous setup you want the nozzle 6~12in away from TB. Now why the distance, it's so that you plenty of time for the nitrous to mix well with fuel and spread evenly on all cylinders or so they say. If applying Nitrous on an High Compression Motor or High Boosted Motor. Consistency of the delivery system is the difference between a successful run and blowing your engine. Blowing from what? Running Lean and damage ringlands worst your bottom end. Backfire from running to much fuel and deposited fuel in your Intake manifold ignites and most likely damage the Cylinder Head:bong:Overall the best nitrous setup for an all motor or high boost would be an Direct Port Injection because nitrous and fuel is injected closer and per cylinder therefore more consistent. Thnx! BTW. I do have a nitrous powered KA24DE-T car so I've experienced some of it luckily not the blowing engine part of it. Heres the link if interested 1992 240SX KA24DE-Turbo

·
Banned
3,673 Posts
Running Nitrous always have danger all depends on what setup on how you use it. Main issue with Nitrous is the delivery system on typical nitrous setup you want the nozzle 6~12in away from TB. Now why the distance, it's so that you plenty of time for the nitrous to mix well with fuel and spread evenly on all cylinders or so they say. If applying Nitrous on an High Compression Motor or High Boosted Motor. Consistency of the delivery system is the difference between a successful run and blowing your engine. Blowing from what? Running Lean and damage ringlands worst your bottom end. Backfire from running to much fuel and deposited fuel in your Intake manifold ignites and most likely damage the Cylinder Head:bong:Overall the best nitrous setup for an all motor or high boost would be an Direct Port Injection because nitrous and fuel is injected closer and per cylinder therefore more consistent. Thnx! BTW. I do have a nitrous powered KA24DE-T car so I've experienced some of it luckily not the blowing engine part of it. Heres the link if interested 1992 240SX KA24DE-Turbo
good post

·
Registered
402 Posts
nitrous loves compression. but it isnt the only thing that makes it work.
it makes sense because along with vitaras better rods will be used, thus allowing more nitrous to be used. just because of lower compression it doesnt make nitrous ineffective. just an added bonus if you have higher compression.
That the rods would be upgraded is an assumption though. Why couldn't you use stock pistons, and upgraded rods and use more nitrous? Rods have nothing to do with pistons, and the question was "why would lower compression vitara pistons be better for nitrous that stock?"

·
Banned
3,673 Posts
That the rods would be upgraded is an assumption though. Why couldn't you use stock pistons, and upgraded rods and use more nitrous? Rods have nothing to do with pistons, and the question was "why would lower compression vitara pistons be better for nitrous that stock?"
nitrous will bend rods..lower compression=easier to tune. less prone to detonation..as for vitara pistons, im not sold on them yet.

·
Registered
402 Posts
nitrous will bend rods..lower compression=easier to tune. less prone to detonation..as for vitara pistons, im not sold on them yet.
Sure, but can you make more power with nitrous using vitara pistons that stock? Less compression would mean you'd need a bigger shot to get the same results, nitrous is violent, not progressive like boost, and the rods are going to break when the rods are going to break, a bigger shot is not going to help matters.

·
Banned
3,673 Posts
Sure, but can you make more power with nitrous using vitara pistons that stock? Less compression would mean you'd need a bigger shot to get the same results, nitrous is violent, not progressive like boost, and the rods are going to break when the rods are going to break, a bigger shot is not going to help matters.
personally i believe a cast piston is a cast piston...easy to break. Like i said, im not sold on the use of vitaras...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts