Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i got these pistons the other day from a buddie they have 30,000 on them but they will work for now until i get some new ones I am starting a build this winter and heres what i have

Y8 IM compete
Getting D16Z6 head over the weekend
Type R pistons
getting d16z6 block next week when i get back to college from a buddie port and polished

so if you guys want to throw in your 2 cents then would greatly appreciate it

thanks guys

Attachments

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
those look like pistons from an 86-87 d16a1 they are like pg6's or some thing like that i don't think they had the pm7's till 88

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
huh.. i did some research on those pistons they are much better than p29's since they do not interfere with flame propagation the compression height is 30.17 and they have a very slight dish you will need to cut the valve reliefs for valve clearance, with these pistons in my build im looking at 12.5:1 compression thats a very good ratio for daily driving and would have better quench and better flame propigation I like those pistons.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
yeah i thought about using them in my build but i didn't know and specs on them and didnt want to buy a set and not be able to use them

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok so i got the Z6 head and the Z6 block will add pics soon camera is broke....i picked up a driver side si door panel for free from 3rdgenhatchdx thanks and for now i am working on tearing it down to be takin to the machine shop....the block and head cost me 100 bucks butthe bad part there was no dizzy and some other odds and ends missing but still this get me goin for sure

1 - 14 of 14 Posts