Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After 2 years of running around with my lightly boosted stock d, I'm finally in the position to do it and do it right. I'm looking to put together a fun street car that will see the track quite a bit too. I'm looking to get 350-400whp on pump gas for now. Next year I plan to have everything together for my D2B and I will also run water/meth injection. I'm shooting for 500+ once I hit that stage. The shell is a 92dx nothing all that special. Now onto parts and whole reason I started this thread.

D16Z6 block and head
FJ R Spec Rods
YCP 75.5 Pistons
NPR Rings
KMS Race Valvetrain Package
Zex/Comp 59500
Godspeed GT35 .63
Tial 38mm wastegate
Ebay BOV, intercooler and piping
3" downpipe and exhaust
RC 550 injectors
Chipped P28 tuned on Crome

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
I have some more goodies on the way but they have yet to arrive. I'll post them up as they come and also progress of the block nothing and build.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
i'm going to say that the godspeed gt35 is not even close to a gt35, post better pictures, looks like just a t3/t4 44trim.... hopefully not because they are pushing it at around 350whp.

also tuning a 400whp with crome is a BAD idea, get some real EMS, neptune/hondata/eCtune.....

might i ask why you are looking for so much power with a street car? after 250-300whp its all useless and just makes it harder to drive. at 300whp you'll be lucky to hook in 3rd unless you run around with some 225 radials.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
he should have no problem hooking in 3rd with 300hp... but from the many cars i have built and the many friends rolling around with high hp turbo cars, they all say they wish they would have stayed between 280-330hp because it was way more fun than the 400+ they push on the street.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Looks good drop the Crome unless its gold and you will need more injector than that.....That turbo's day's are probably numbered let me know if we can do anything for you. I wouldnt say that anything over 250-300 is pointless you can get it to hook up just have to have your setup dialed in good

·
Registered
65 Posts
he should have no problem hooking in 3rd with 300hp... but from the many cars i have built and the many friends rolling around with high hp turbo cars, they all say they wish they would have stayed between 280-330hp because it was way more fun than the 400+ they push on the street.

interesting...thanks for the information i will keep this in mind n not go any further ;)
THANK YOU sloK!

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
im daily driving 360 whp around just fine...i would definitely get bigger injectors though 350-400hp will be close to maxing them out. and also like stated above dont use crome for that much power...its not reliable enough and theres basically no support anymore for it.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
my heavy ej8 with a much smaller turbo and only 18psi (probably 260whp max?) had traction problems in 3rd...

i've also owned a built LS on a 100 shot (whats that 250whp but a bit more torque) and had major traction problems in a DA teg through 3rd gear....

with boost by gear it would be useable, but forget stoplight racing with just a MBC... 4th and 5th gear pulls are fun if you have brass balls or dont care for life....

just seems like alot of stress on everything just to get more wheel spin.

OR my car was making more power than i thought and my opinion is all wrong.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
im daily driving 360 whp around just fine...i would definitely get bigger injectors though 350-400hp will be close to maxing them out. and also like stated above dont use crome for that much power...its not reliable enough and theres basically no support anymore for it.
but you actually race your car... i'm just saying for a "street" only car its useless to push for that much power.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
fast torque=spin easier. last car i put together that was just a 300hp build was running a B16 trans... and we all know how short those are. SC61E, ramhorn, stock ls/v with ARP rod bolts on 10 psi, it never had traction issues in 3rd unless you REALLY REALLY hit it hard from 2nd to 3rd, and only thing you really got was wheel hop, but no spin. even brake boosting in 3rd it wouldnt spin...

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
What pump? Single walbro ain't gonna take you much past 400, if at all.

Also I wouldn't take those injectors above 300whp.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
really, nobody has 3rd gear traction issues except me????? i remember the first time it hit 18psi in 3rd rolling into the throttle it broke free and i was like WTF.... going hard from 2nd to 3rd without dropping boost was useless because it would destroy the tires.

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
A single Walbro should be sufficient. If I could net over 400whp on E85 through a single Walbro 255, he should hit 500 just fine...just get larger injectors. 1000cc should be the ticket.

Sidenote, I dislike seeing a head laying on the ground like that...especially with valves in it. Lay cardboard or old clothes under it first.

GL on the build!!!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i'm going to say that the godspeed gt35 is not even close to a gt35, post better pictures, looks like just a t3/t4 44trim.... hopefully not because they are pushing it at around 350whp.

also tuning a 400whp with crome is a BAD idea, get some real EMS, neptune/hondata/eCtune.....

might i ask why you are looking for so much power with a street car? after 250-300whp its all useless and just makes it harder to drive. at 300whp you'll be lucky to hook in 3rd unless you run around with some 225 radials.
yeah i wish had never even bought the thing because i already had issues with it and have to send it back for another. i may just sell the replacement and buy something different. sad that i had better luck with a no name ebay turbo!
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks good drop the Crome unless its gold and you will need more injector than that.....That turbo's day's are probably numbered let me know if we can do anything for you. I wouldnt say that anything over 250-300 is pointless you can get it to hook up just have to have your setup dialed in good
Thanks! It is Crome gold and I do plan on going with Hondata in the next stage of all this. I really wish I didnt buy the turbo because it wasn't right from the getgo. I just wanted to give them a try but I know I'll be replacing soon if not right away.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What pump? Single walbro ain't gonna take you much past 400, if at all.

Also I wouldn't take those injectors above 300whp.
I'll use an inline Bosch 044 once I go D2B and push for 500. There will actually be a lot of changes. We'll see what duty cycle they're pushing at 350and make changes from there.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Head laying face down on the ground = No.
That POS tubular manifold = No.

Also, get those injectors cleaned.
Been working for me for 16 months now and when and if it breaks I'll buy another lol. Can't beat $185!

They will be cleaned!

1 - 20 of 77 Posts