Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Full bisimoto valvetrain with 2.4 turbo cam this cam is very very streeable and the idle is awesome, i don't know where all the race only hype comes from

painted the bay to match my body finally, s2000 red.

out with the old and in with the new, scat rods.

JE pistons: 9.0:1

finally looking like an engine

..and we're in

ready to see the dyno @ RPMNYC who also fab'ed that sweet 3" DP for me

374whp @ 22psi...thanx for checkin it out, the end.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
makes 374 @ 22psi, was making more at higher boost but the turbo was falling on its face after about 6500 and the car rev's to 8500..I preferred pulling all the way to redline.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
thanx man, had a ton more pics..but limited to 8
8 per post not per theard. So post some more. And I hate seeing the top timing belt cover removed. Friends si civic had a stick fly up under the car and cut the timing belt.
Other then that great looking build.

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
Please post pictures and details of how much you had to grind out the head casting and rockers to make the cam fit.

·
Registered
258 Posts
dam wish i knew gates timing belts were blue before i bought my cheapo one hahahaha. looks killer bro, in for more pics

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
cam dropped right in...the 3.6 cam is the one that requires the grind work.

how my bay looked for years

my first build, just fuel system upgrades @ 10psi made 230whp

unofficial sponser

Greddy 18G with 14psi ATP actuator, edelbrock manifold

JE pistons: 9.0:1

SOHC love

ARP's in

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thumbup

you didn't think that greddy elbow was stickin around did you?

she runs!

new shoes 16" konig rollers and invidia front lip

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Sick ass build man. What turbo did you use? In for more pics

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
its a greddy 18G, I have more pics but they get pretty repetitive...this is like the gist of it.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)

competition stage 4 and flywheel...real smooth engagement surprisingly, none of the on/off switch feeling and holds all the power

couple shots of my boy's all motor beast for the goof.. 2.1L GSR 12.5:1 comp, 241whp

these "sprints" are gone and he's on full polish J-speed's now.

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
looks real nice man! You from Queens?

If you're not running AC why didn't you flip the turbo around? Makes the plumbing easier...

RPM NYC welded up my downpipe too on my first setup. They do great work.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I can't imagine the plumbing being easier consider the entry and exit points of the IC..i just had all the greddy pipes and intercooler, just easier that way for me i suppose...and yea queens represent! NYC gets crapped on a lot as far as quality, my boys and I take sick pride in what we do.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Very nice car, and i really like your setup...

I just bought the 2.4 package(springs retainers and cam) and cant wait to install them.Running a gt2860r with wiseco/eagle on a 60mm exhaust system with cat converter and still made 327hp and 38kgm of torque.I will install the camshaft rev higher and i will take off the cat converter...i hope that i will make some more hp...

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I would def ditch the cat converter and step up to a 70mm turbo back exhaust, with the bisimoto package i can see you getting up near 400hp..how much boost do you run?

·
Registered
66 Posts
nice build man! curious to see what kind of numbers you could put down at the track. gives me motivation to get my build going! good work

1 - 20 of 131 Posts