Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just picked up my car last night, kinda excited. Anyhow its a 98 Civic Si (EX in the states) Anyhow i'll list everything I have with pictures so you can get a better understanding of what i mean. Please help me out as much as you can, The engine is real dirty its the middle of winter in Canada so its in need of some desperate attention, but the car runs fine. Anyhow here it is:

Turbonetic Turbo

Vortech Blow Off

Turbosmart Wastegate

Crane Cams Fireball Hi6

Precision Turbo & Engine Intercooler (tons of Road salt)

And I have no Idea what this is, someone help me out???

Also has AEM fuel pressure regulator, AEM underdrive pully kit (3 of them), B&M fuel pressure gauge, I don't anything abou the ecu or management, i'll assume its stock for now. Anyhow have a look and let me know what you think of the set up. Thanks.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
And I have no Idea what this is, someone help me out???

Also has AEM fuel pressure regulator, AEM underdrive pully kit (3 of them), B&M fuel pressure gauge, I don't anything abou the ecu or management, i'll assume its stock for now. Anyhow have a look and let me know what you think of the set up. Thanks.
that would be a fmu. More than likely there is no other management. Get that thing out of there and get some injectors and some sort of management.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, what type of injectors should i be looking to get? and what kind of management system should i be looking to get? thanks

·
Registered
1998 Acura Integra
736 Posts
nice looking car, like was mentioned earlier, get some sort of management and injectors. I actually did run on an FMU for about a month no problem and when i got my wideband in it was running fine, but that doesn't mean it will be on another car. It is hit or miss (and missing is bad). Good luck with it.

·
Registered
1998 Acura Integra
736 Posts
Hondata, Crome, Neptune are the most common. You will need a chipped ecu, and a conversion harness. Any bigger injectors, RC, MSD, and others if you have money, or dsm 450 injectors with resistors wired in if you are cheap. Research it, there is tons of info out there.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Looks like you got a good start...Just do what's been said on here and turbod16 and ditch that FMU...they are garbage...I personally love my hondata s300, but it is a bit pricey...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info, budget is a little low right now so is there any suggestions for a simple and cost effective setup? what injectors to get, ecu and management? I got the car for less then 98% of the stock civics for sale with way more KM. The interior is mint mint mint, new paint, full suspension, exhaust, in all honesty i was looking for a shell to drop a motor into. But since the deal was too good to give up on this car i bought it.

·
Registered
629 Posts
crome and some dsm 450's :TU:

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
i saw this thread on turbo d16 last night................at least you are doing the research needed, probably should have done a bit more before you invested in a boosted vehicle. Get rid of that fmu, tune with crome and get larger injectors. should be good to go after that. :TU:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got the car for an amazing deal. I bought from a Ford dealer who had no clue what they were selling. I paid less for this car with all the mods then I would of if I bought the same car stock with more KM's anywhere else. So even if I blow the motor tomorrow and have to buy another one, i'll still save. The body and interior are absolutely mint.

·
Registered
12,272 Posts
what injectors to get, ecu and management?
open your fucking eyes

dude already told you EVERYTHING you need to do

Hondata, Crome, Neptune are the most common. You will need a chipped ecu, and a conversion harness. Any bigger injectors, RC, MSD, and others if you have money, or dsm 450 injectors with resistors wired in if you are cheap. Research it, there is tons of info out there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts