Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
134 hp and 140 ftlbs of torque @ 6100 rpm and 7.5psi:sadface:
The good news is that Jack @ P1 said by fixing some problems with the exhaust and enlarging the down pipe the numbers will go up. :TU:
I forgot to put this in earlier, this is after neptune was installed and used to tune the car

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
just dynoed or dyno-tuned?

lots of things could be wrong... a "basemap" could be robbing you of power. Boost leaks? many things...

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
makku said:
just dynoed or dyno-tuned?

lots of things could be wrong... a "basemap" could be robbing you of power. Boost leaks? many things...
That was after neptune and tuned, sorry about that. Yeah, it's a Greddy kit

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Misfit said:
damn, what kinda dyno was it? what was your setup too besides the greddy kit?
it's a mustang dyno, and those are the numbers after adding 15% to the totals. Neptune, 440cc rc injectors, skunk 2 intake manifold, greddy fmic, apex bov, 3 inch exhasut from the down pipe back to a 3 " univ muffler, greddy e-o1 boost controller, act clutch, lightened fly wheel, blaster ss coil, crane 11mm wires, holley adj. fpr., walbro fuel pump.From what they tell me the genius that put the exhaust on put a bottle neck in the exhaust where the cat was and it's killing my air flow. I'm getting that fixed and going to get the down pipe redone from the the o2 sensor down to 3 inch. Hope fully that will do it

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jimmyb34 said:
you should be at least around 160 or 170 whp i would imagine
That's what I was thinking, you can imagine the look on my face when I saw the dyno sheet. I thought I was gonna cry

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
vtecduck said:
134 hp and 140 ftlbs of torque @ 6100 rpm and 7.5psi:sadface:
The good news is that Jack @ P1 said by fixing some problems with the exhaust and enlarging the down pipe the numbers will go up. :TU:
I forgot to put this in earlier, this is after neptune was installed and used to tune the car
did you have stock exhaust??

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
jimmyb34 said:
he posted saying he has a 3 inch exhaust
isnt that too big for the power he is making?? I thought with the greddy kit there sholdnt be any problem making 170-180 hp??? weird....

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
jimmyb34 said:
i wouldnt say to big, from my understanding with turbos the bigger the better
but the power is definitely not where it should be, maybe the neptune tuning is very conservative or something
yeah, I suppose Ill need to upgrade my setup from 2.25 piping to 2.5 then huh??? I minus well get a 2.5 inch dp as well..... I just cant wait to be turboed......

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
evryone I've asked about exhaust size has told me the bigger the better, the only thing that would be a factor is the noise level. Mine is actually quieter with 3" and the the turbo than it was with 2.25" and a super charger

·
allwheeldriveturboboxer
2,469 Posts
1. i am sure jack did a conservative tune on it so it will last long...

2. that bottle neck is common on even many bolt-on exhausts...my apexi n1 has a spot where it goes under a 2" id. i eliminated that on the advice of dave from smsp. on na apps he has seen 4-5 whp gains from doing this, so i can imagine on a boosted setup this is critical.

3. it's a mustang dyno. his dyno reads low; just for an idea, here is a type r with a JDM 4-1 header in his dyno. these typically show 170-175 whp on a dynojet with little or no mods.

4. it is very strange that your torque is so high vs. the whp; i think your exhaust/ dp situation might very well be the culprit, however, i would also do a compression test & leakdown to see how healthy the engine is.

Attachments

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
builthatch said:
1. i am sure jack did a conservative tune on it so it will last long...

2. that bottle neck is common on even many bolt-on exhausts...my apexi n1 has a spot where it goes under a 2" id. i eliminated that on the advice of dave from smsp. on na apps he has seen 4-5 whp gains from doing this, so i can imagine on a boosted setup this is critical.

3. it's a mustang dyno. his dyno reads low; just for an idea, here is a type r with a JDM 4-1 header in his dyno. these typically show 170-175 whp on a dynojet with little or no mods.

4. it is very strange that your torque is so high vs. the whp; i think your exhaust/ dp situation might very well be the culprit, however, i would also do a compression test & leakdown to see how healthy the engine is.
I'll do that too. I think my exhaust is the main problem. It pulled hard all the way to redline with my charger and a diff exhaust set up on the car. Jack is an awesome guy to deal with. He told me what to try and is going to cut me a break on tuning it again for being a return customer. Hopefully next week I'll have some better #'s to post

1 - 20 of 69 Posts