Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, I’m glad someone turned me on to this website…. I’ve finally gotten my hands on a civic. A 95 coupe dx 5 spd and so far im happy with it. 93K on it and it runs perfect but it’s slow as all hell…lol…. So of course I’ve had to come on here and do a little research and see what others are doing. After see the D-Series potential, im hooked. Now in potential I mean with the ex version motor…lol…. In which I plan on swapping in next year. I find the one in there is so under powered it’s not even funny and a mini-me conversation is just not going to do it. So that is plan on that is on my list right now. I guess my 1st question for you guys are…. I know before I do this swap I need to handle the suspension part of it as people have talked about on this forum but what are the best parts to put on to get ready for this swap? I’m going to keep the brake set-up like it is (meaning front rotors and rear drums) but upgrade them.
Second question is, what about the engine itself. Where online (hmotorsonline.com I know already) can I get an engine with good miles on it and if so what mileage can I engine can I look forward to with a car well over 10 years old? I know many people do swaps so how can a car that old, can a place like hmotorsonline.com have engines with 35K on them? I guess that is the only question I have so far for you you guys and any help will be helped…Thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
Welcome aboard, the first thing i would do about the suspension would be lowering springs instead of coil overs along with a good set of shocks/struts. this is just my prefrence. eibach and progress racing springs are nice. another thing i would do is get a ex/si tranny for your car. then if you want more power go to www.hmotorsonline.com and get a d15b jdm for $450. then just bolt on your parts.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can I ask you something, since im only going to upgrade my brakes with ebc pads and rotors from ebc and some upgraded rear drums, who makes good rear drums or does it matter really, just some standard ones from an auto store?

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
Can I ask you something, since im only going to upgrade my brakes with ebc pads and rotors from ebc and some upgraded rear drums, who makes good rear drums or does it matter really, just some standard ones from an auto store?
do a rear disc conversion

someone is selling a set for $200 with a prop valve which is a steal.

hurry up and post whore

·
My sig is longer than yours
2,163 Posts
hmotors gets those motors because due to really crazy laws/regs in japan, most cars are only driven for a year or two, hence all the motors with low miles.

oh and brakes, do the conversion man. fuck drums

1 - 5 of 5 Posts