2.5" exhaust
2.25" piping+FMIC
550cc injectors
255lph fuel pump
t3/to4e 50 trim
chipped p28+crome
bkr7e plugs
11-12psi

just put the 11-12psi spring in the wastegate a couple days ago and it even blows the tires off in 3rd 205/40-16s

any pre-dyno guesses? I'am still running on a base tune that seems very rich (black smoke, pegged rich on the air/fuel "lightshow" guage). timing is set 1* retard per psi. Boost guage shows 11.5psi

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Are you tuning prior or at the dyno? If you are huffing heavy black smoke you are probably a bit rich. The Narrow band gauge is useless. You will get the true A/F tomorrow. 1* per lbs seems like a lot. Is it a stepped retard? As you add timing it will eat up fuel so I would go at that a bit first. I am thinking 220hp.

Good luck!!

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Are you tuning prior or at the dyno? If you are huffing heavy black smoke you are probably a bit rich. The Narrow band gauge is useless. You will get the true A/F tomorrow. 1* per lbs seems like a lot. Is it a stepped retard? As you add timing it will eat up fuel so I would go at that a bit first. I am thinking 220hp.

Good luck!!

I know that heavy black smoke means I'am probably running rich, that is why I said it, additionally I know that a narrow band is worthless which is also why I said I have a "lightshow" guage. and as far as the 1*/per psi retard that seems to be the standard safe amount of retard to start with. I will probably end up putting a couple degress back in in the higher rpms after peak torque. I have crome pro, I will not have my laptop tommorow, however, I just want to do a run to see where I'am at right now. I know the engine will not pop because I have already done a couple 2-3-4th gear pulls on the highway and if it does I don't really care because I can get another d16 for like $200

p.s, I didn't mean to sound like I was biting your head off. I agree with the ~220whp that is what Iam aiming for.

·
Banned
68 Posts
I know the engine will not pop because I have already done a couple 2-3-4th gear pulls on the highway and if it does I don't really care because I can get another d16 for like $200
thats what i love about the d series.. eveyone is so pressed on type r this and that d s go for nothing..
good luck man! 220whp is awesome on such a light chassis. 50 trim is an awesome turbo.. i ran that on my eclipse for a while.. when does the turbo start to spool??

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
That is one thing I also love about d-series engines. They are cheap to replace.

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
we should take bets high/low on 220 haha

1 - 15 of 15 Posts