Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well boys (and gals) I've owned my Civic for 10 years now and many of those years were spent day dreaming about doing something awesome with the car. Now is the time...

My question to the community is what will I NOT be able to accomplish by myself, a first time engine builder.

My plans are to strip the engine down so it's just a block. Then I would send it in to Cylindersupportsystem and have them:
Bore and Hone to 75.5mm
Install CSS
----_------_------_-------_------

So far that's what I'm planning on outsourcing, but I'm wondering if I'm forgetting anything?

The piston and rods I'm using don't require block or girdle notching, so that shouldn't be a worry either.

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,936 Posts
Just have the machine assemble the short block for you. Tell them up front that you expect written documentation of all bearing clearances, the P2W clearance, the oil ring end gaps, etc..

Way easier that way.

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
Just have the machine assemble the short block for you. Tell them up front that you expect written documentation of all bearing clearances, the P2W clearance, the oil ring end gaps, etc..

Way easier that way.
This, especially since you're spending the money for a CSS block but at the same time why are you strengthening the block and not using forged internals? Any good set of rods will need at least the block notched. Don't even say junk2 rods.

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,936 Posts
This, especially since you're spending the money for a CSS block but at the same time why are you strengthening the block and not using forged internals? Any good set of rods will need at least the block notched. Don't even say junk2 rods.
Crower rods dont.

OP, what rods and pistons are you using?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts