Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally Decided on my project....What'dya think? (Pics Added)

Hey guys I've finally decided on my project!

I have a D16a6 rebuilt about 20000 miles ago with new gaskets, rings, alternator and all the necessary stuff, it has PM7 pistons and sohc ZC cam
It has a ported head and matched OBX IM along with a sohc ZC TB
ACT street strip clutch
at 10.77:1 compression.

I'm going to go turbo!

Garret T25 turbo from a 2g DSM
internally wastegated at 7 psi
Turbonetics manifold with the option to externally wastegate later
FMIC
DSM Bov
Custom piping and Downpipe
PM6 chipped and tuned with Turboedit(eventually wideband)
EG half-radiator
Keeping A/C

Questions.....
Do you think I need to upgrade my injectors and fuel pump to run 7 psi?

Car Info

88 CRX Si
18" ADR cypher wheels
Skunk 2 coilovers
Tokico Blue shocks
Prothene Bushing Kit
Camber Kit
94-97 Acura integra front end conversion with all body lines shaved including door handles, moldings, antenna and rain gutters
Carbon fiber hood, apr cf mirrors, carbon fiber gas lid
DAD racing seats
Full stereo with dvd player and two 10" Coustic Subs
Short shifter

Check out my pics here http://www.d-series.org/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1018

Let me know what you think guys

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry about the pics guys my camera just bit the dust.....I actually found out that the turbo is a t25 from a 2g DSM...I think this suites me better with the low boost and higher compression!

What do you guys think?

I'm also keeping the A/C so I'm thinking that the water cooled turbo will stay nice and cool keeping under hood temps to a minimum.

I just bought a t3 a/c compatible manifold and am buying an adapter plate from BMC....however it has the external wastegate flange on it and I was wondering if I could just make a plate and cover it for now (I can upgrade later if I want) since the turbo that I'm using is internally wastegated?

Thanks for all the advice

·
The H Badge is it!
5,657 Posts
^^ you can make a plate to block off the wastegate flange, but im not sure a t25 will bolt up to a t3 flanged manifold...

also a t25 will spool quick but i've heard they dont hold boost very well on the top end... i dont have experience with one so im not 100% certain...

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
^^he said he was getting an adapter plate.

you should upgrade injectors, and get some good fuel management so that way if you ever want to up the boost, there are no worries or down time. also, it's going to be difficult to have a/c and p/s. make sure the mani you have is compatible with both. everything else looks fine. you may want to run your list against the faq to make sure you've got everythig and your'e ready to boost.

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
whoa, i didn't even notice that.

definitely no room for error....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't have p/s so I don't have to worry about that......but I am keeping the a/c...and the mainifold is compatible. Does anyone know someone that can set me up with a good tune? I was planning to tune myself but am new to it so I would want someone with some experience to help me out!

Thanks guys

F

·
0 Posts
You can always look into getting a thicker than stock(cometic) headgasket to at least lower compression slightly, and/or run water injection(cheap and effective). If you do a headgasket might as well get headstuds for some aded security.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts