Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, after a long time of wanting to go turbo I finally started my project.
This is my first turbo so Im going small with a Garret T25 first then I will move up. I do a lot of autoX so I wanted something that will spool up quick.

Turbo project.
-JDM D15B V-tec mated to an Si tranny
-p28 W/crome
-Garret T25 w/internal waste gate
-2.5in down pipe
-custom made manifold
-Greddy RS BOV
-Tunertoys Oil lines
-450cc injectors
-electronic boost controller
-Arp head studs w/ stock honda headgasket
-Johnnyracecar FMIC W/ 2.5in I.C piping

Ill have pics up once I get everything on. Ive been rebuilding the Engine and Im almost done with it. So once thats done Ill swap it in my car with the turbo. One question tho, what kind of power do you guys think Ill make running about 10psi. This is my first time going boosted so any input or ideas would be great.

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
sounds like a good setup.

Id rethink the turbo though... its a bit small no? No top end and you'd be driving around in boost all the time.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
hondalover22 said:
well I thought about not using the T25 and going with a T28 or a t3 but I already have the T25, So when will this thing start to spool 2500? and drop off at 6000?
T3 would be nice :)

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
hondalover22 said:
well I thought about not using the T25 and going with a T28 or a t3 but I already have the T25, So when will this thing start to spool 2500? and drop off at 6000?
cant really say when it would spool. I guess it depends on alot of things.

maybe go with a bling bling t28

E

·
0 Posts
my t25 hits at 3000rpm

sometimes its a pain when I try to shift before 3000.

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
the a/r's are different so they'll spool at different times. The t28 spools fast because of the ball bearing center section

·
Registered
258 Posts
hondalover22 said:

That's about right on the spool times. We just did one of these setups (using an HF manfold and adapter plate from Weir Racing), and I am always surprised, by how much fun the T25 is as a daily driver. Not great top end speed, but lotsa fun from stop light to stoplight, and for freeway driving. Nothing like nailing the throttle as that space opens up, and blasting free...

A T25 is a great turbo for fun driving.

You'll also need 2.5" straight couplers, and a 2" to 2.5" transition coupler for your charge piping. Water lines may also be a consideration. And plugs that are two steps colder than stock.

(We offer everything but the plugs.)

Craig

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
Oil restrictors limit the amount of oil pressure going into the turbo.If it's too high you can blow the seals and ruin the turbo. Generally you dont need any more than 35 psi at WOT and 5 psi at idle. They are placed before the turbo

TunerToys carries them and they are adjustable. Good piece too

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
T28 would for sure. T25 I dont know. Maybe if you'd really push it.

YAY 1000th post. (only took 3 fuckin years) LOL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts