Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey bone,

I have my Si FD and case, My complete ZC trans, and 98 ex 5th gear (Hf was impossible to find and the 80mph difference is not worth the time and cost to find one when I have a .702 in front of me.). I am considering running the ZC input shaft and only putting the ZC gears onto the SI countershaft (less work), however is it worth the extra time to put the SI 1-2 (3.25-1.894) instead of leaving the ZC 1-2 (3.25-1.944). Or am I wasting my breath because the Zc input shaft won't work and I have to use the Si in the first place? In which case I would then just to the Si-ZC-Ex gear combo. The car is a daily driver that will never see a drag strip while I own it, but might scoot through the cones for fun once in a great while. Your opinion on the matter would be appreciated, also any other members with similar tranny's that can offer input would be appreciated.

Second question; on my .702 5th do I use the synchro&slider from the cable or the hydraulic tranny, while I am at it which synchro&slider for each of the gears is appropriate for the Si shift forks?

·
Registered
338 Posts
wow reading that is kinda hard... gotta slow down, lol. Myself I'm gonna go with a ZC tranny and maybe just put a Si final drive in it since the car will be a track car.. dont care about top speed too much.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,433 Posts
What case are you starting with that will be installed into the car????

What axles you intend on using?????

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry I should of said that.
I am going to use the regular long and shorty axles and the big bearing crx Si case (for the LSD I am going to buy after I get promoted to fry-guy 'cuz thats where you make the big bucks.).

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,433 Posts
Keep whatever 1-2 came in the case your gonna use, likely the CRX Si if I followed your post right.

Then just swap 3-4-5, reusing what ever parts come off the CRX shafts. You MIGHT have to reshim the mainshaft, so be careful!

FYI 5th gear is the same for 88 to 2000, makes it nice.

Ripping apart a HF soon :)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, you answered my question better than I asked it. The summary is use bearings synchro's and sliders off of their respective shafts and only swap gear cogs to keep it simple. Thanks again, and have fun with your Hf.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And I will check the clearances after assembly to make sure I do/don't have to shim the main shaft.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts