Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally went to the races last friday to get a base line for my car...i'm going to slowly build up to a NA powerhouse...this run was based off a completely stock 98 civic ex coupe...
60' - 2.875
1/8 - [email protected] MPH

the next stage will be to get new motor mounts and inserts along with suspension upgrade and new exhuast (i have holes in my current one:()...

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
transzex said:
Thats what, a 18 second 1/4 mile?
i'm not to sure...but i wasn't expecting anything good...all motor mounts are tore up, and everything is stock and original with ~137,000 miles on it...i couldn't get a good launch to save my life (hence the shitty 60' times)...i just wanted a base line of what this car did as is when i picked it up...from here will come new mounts, suspension, exhuast, and what not this year...i'll propably wait until next year for new suspension though...

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Phantom Civic said:
Holes in your exhaust could mess up the flow and lower your hp. Keep us updated though.
maybe, but i'm not to concerned...i'm getting a new exhuast this year along with new mounts and inserts for them...that will be my first step in modifications for this car...fix with upgraded parts what already broken first ;)

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you'll have to excuse the n00b question but does ROI mean?

and yes i'[ll get to see what each mod increases, and with that said i'll be doinga product review over each item I add to the car...

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alright, that makes since...thank you for the explination...

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
[email protected] MPH... I've seen worse. Is it an auto or stick? Yeah your 60's are garbage... no offense. They should at least be down around 2.5-2.6.
Practice, practice, practice... Good luck in the future.

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i'm driving a manual...and yea, i agree totally the 60' times are indeed garbage, but like i said i coud not get a good start to save my life, more or less i was unabe to drop it from more than 2500 RPM at the light...so more or less the next thing before i go back is to fix the wheel hoping issues, and then see what i can get...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts