Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking for a filter to fit my T25 and i came across a 52mm motorcycle filter. if fits the turbo inlet perfect but i was wonderign it maybe it was too small. i posted a pic below.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
It looks really restrictive. Especially since it tapers down to what looks like smaller than your inlet.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Most cone filters from Autozone and the likes come with adapter rings to fit them on smaller diameter mountings. I suggest trying to find one with a smooth transition, like a velocity stack built in. Isn't mandatory though.

·
Banned
1,234 Posts
If the filter fits itll be just fine.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I don't know man. Not much surface area on that filter. It won't take much to dirty up and reduce flow to the point where he sees a loss.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the geometry i was studying last week comes in handy for this

filter inlet area (.5 x 5.2cm)(.5 x 5.2cm) x 22/7 = 21.25 cm square

filter surface area 22/7 x (.5 x 5.20) x 5.5 = 44.94 cm square

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Yeah, I'd pass on that one.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
That thing is aout the size of one youd clamp on your vc vent. Not gonna draw much air threw a straw.....

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
its way bigger than a valve cover filter. its 52mm, and according to my micrometer the T25 inlet has an inner diamter of 44mm...

·
Registered
610 Posts
Whether or not it will "work" is relative. Will it let air flow through it? Yes. Will it be free flowing enough to not cause a restriction? I would say no.

Think about it this way - K&N makes a filter for the 1995 Camaro v8. That filter flows 441 cfm when new. The area of that filter is 443 cm2. 10 times the area of your filter. Your turbo requires roughly 300cfm, more or less depending on how hard you are pushing it. Giving your current filter the benefit of the doubt, and saying it flows 100 cfm, still rates it well below where you want it to be. And that is brand new.

But it's your choice. Me personally, I'd go spend $30.

·
Registered
610 Posts
A bigger filter.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Sorry, didn't see the part about you having a 3" already. Make it work.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Ya gotta get crafty son!

This

and a short section of 3" pvc pipe. Done.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts