Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Id have to look again but I thought it was more on the lower side of the tranny.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The fill level check is on the side but this bolt was easier to get to with the starter out. I hope i didnt fill up the wrong thing.

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Wrong hole. It is the bolt just a little above the passenger side axle, 17mm.

If you filled that one to the top, you'll need to drain it out and put it back in the correct hole.

D

·
0 Posts
DirtyDEF said:
Wrong hole. It is the bolt just a little above the passenger side axle, 17mm.

If you filled that one to the top, you'll need to drain it out and put it back in the correct hole.
Im with him!

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didnt fill it to the top. I know your only suposed to fill it to the level on that side bolt. I put the correct amount, 1.9q, in that top hole. I dont see anyway to drain it, it may have went to the correct place. Ill just remove the drain plug a little and see if theres oil in there cause it was empty.

·
D-series WTF?!?!
Dyno GT Racing Bike
3,674 Posts
From what i remember there two bolts, can u belive the previous owner run the car without gear lube (that some shit)
it suppose to fill up to the hole opening the top bolt

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well you guys wouldnt be able to see the bolt im talking about becouse its under the starter. I removed the bolt on the side above the axle a little oil cam out so i know its full of oil now.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,433 Posts
using the shift shaft plug is perfectly alright. I researched it and posted about it on HMT for a member who rounded off the fill plug. If you don't mind pulling the starter, it is easy access, esp. for 88-91 that don't have a VSS to easily remove.

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
What you did was fine. It only needed to be drained and re-filled if you filled that top hole to the top. That'd be a fun drive. :hyper:

DontSaveHer said:
I dont see anyway to drain it
The drain plug is on the passenger side, bottom bolt. It's 13mm I think.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts