Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
civic coupe
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did a little searching on here and on local sites but didnt find TOO much what can i do as far as filling a mount to make it tougher? my torque mount on the pass. side is SHOT its ripped pretty bad but still intact? Some people run without one but id like to keep it in there....
can i fill it with something to make it better???

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
3m window weld works great from what I understand.

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
try the 3m......if its doesnt work then not a money was lost, but if it does then you saved some money.

but if it doesnt work just replace it.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
try the 3m......if its doesnt work then not a money was lost, but if it does then you saved some money.

but if it doesnt work just replace it.
i got a mount from a member here for $10...

3M will probably run you $6

common sense says look for a good condition used mount :TU:

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
go with a new mount and put the Energy suspension inserts in them.

I dont understand why honda didnt make the drivers side torque mount a little more durable...it has 3 little 1/8" arms that dry out and fall apart so easily...its:bull: I tell yah..

·
Premium Member
civic coupe
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hopefully someone will read this and say they have a good drivers side tq mount for an Ek ;)

·
Registered
166 Posts
you can use 3m window weld...but it's soooo cold that it might have a hard time drying.

using the weld or filling it with polyurethane in a tube found in home imrovement stores will make your mount really stiff.

it's good for performance but not for comfort. i had all of my mounts filled with the "polyurethane in a tube", took about a day and a half to dry, but i could hear/feel every vibration! sometimes my deck wouldn't even work because it was shaking it so much.

but my tires weren't spinning out on a launch though!

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
I filled my rear and front tranny mount and I have shocks adjusted to 5 and It's really not a big deal at all. Like you have to be thinking about it to notice it. It does shake A LITTLE more, but like I said it's not even annoying at all.

I removed the front one just because I'm wierd and didn't like the job I did on filling it. Hint: when doing, don't keep fucking with it trying to make it look better. Use just a little bit, use like a scapper of some sort to even it out, clean it up a little and leave it the fuck alone. It sets and will look better once it drys. Also the front quite a bit of window weld to fill it.

·
Premium Member
civic coupe
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im going to attempt to do the front lower drivers side tq mount tonight ill prolly stop by lowes or home depot and get the 3m crap to do it!!! ill add pics in my profile! wish me luck

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
I did the rear tranny mount. I believe the driver side mounts are a different story as they cause a lot more vibration. To though supposedly window weld is less harsh then inserts. Try it, if it sucks replace it. I know Schucks sells the window weld, so save your time and just go there.

By the way it takes a day or two to cure.

·
Premium Member
civic coupe
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
you can use 3m window weld...but it's soooo cold that it might have a hard time drying.

using the weld or filling it with polyurethane in a tube found in home imrovement stores will make your mount really stiff.

it's good for performance but not for comfort. i had all of my mounts filled with the "polyurethane in a tube", took about a day and a half to dry, but i could hear/feel every vibration! sometimes my deck wouldn't even work because it was shaking it so much.

but my tires weren't spinning out on a launch though!
im not worried about comfort really 100% if it helps the mount and cuts down the wheel hop a bit that be nice! ill still look for a new mount as well! Im going to be using the 3m first then if those dont work well ill use the other stuff! THANKS:TU:

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
I have all 5 mounts filled with this stuff called Sikaflex (kind of like the 3M I think),
and it's not bad at all when it comes to shaking.I watched the enigne while on the dyno, and it barely moved around 8000rpm at WOT.
So I tell ya, it's good stuff :TU:

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have all 5 mounts filled with this stuff called Sikaflex (kind of like the 3M I think),
and it's not bad at all when it comes to shaking.I watched the enigne while on the dyno, and it barely moved around 8000rpm at WOT.
So I tell ya, it's good stuff :TU:
sikaflex is just commercial grade caulking , we use that brand at work caulking all of the jobs we do , its good stuff
d15 - you will be best just using the 3m window weld stuff, it will most likly stick and adhere to the mount the best...or just get mount inserts-more money though..

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
go with a new mount and put the Energy suspension inserts in them.

I dont understand why honda didnt make the drivers side torque mount a little more durable...it has 3 little 1/8" arms that dry out and fall apart so easily...its:bull: I tell yah..
X2

I'm going thru this problem right now, I want to drop my engine already, so Im installing the inserts and the driver side and I can't belived that the mount is all broken, yet the metal tubing is just floating in the air.
Now I have to get a new/use mount so that I can put the inserts and drop my little can of whoop ass.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts