Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok heres my problem, needs some advice. A couple months ago i picked up a exedy oem clutch kit and it came with a fidanza flywheel (8lbs) I'm getting my tranny overhauled this winter and i'm toying with the idea of using the fidanza flywheel, resurfacing the stock one or going with the ACT streelite flywheel(11.9lbs).

The car is pretty much stock, injen intake, tanabe cat-back. Its a daily driver and i dont drive it hard, just the occasional rip around. I was wondering if i could get some input as to which flywheel i should go with. I dont want to have it idling like crap or having hard, high reving launches.

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks transzex, I know you the one to talk to on this one. So do you think the ACT streetlite is the way to go. Fidanaza also has a steel flywheel thats 15lbs if im not mistaken.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
slo-sohc so why are you thinking about going back to stock, what kinda of problems are you having.

See this is where im getting mixed feelings about it i get equal info for and against getting the streetlite flywheel.

·
Registered
92 Posts
First, if you go to the link I posted you'll get a great flywheel for considerably less than the brand name of ACT. Their flywheels come from Standard Flywheels which is one of the largest suppliers in the country. :TU:

Second, my fiance can drive my car with an 11.5lbs. flywheel so I don't see why any man can't. It really isn't any more difficult to drive a car with an 11-12lbs. flywheel than it is to drive a car with a 20lbs. flywheel. All I have to do with my flywheel is give the engine a few hundred more RPM from a stop. The only real draw back is with a turbo because the revs drop so quickly between gears. The biggest advantage is ease of rev matching because all you have to do is blip the throttle instead of hitting the throttle. It's entirely a personal choice.

·
Registered
the eh2
13 Posts
i love my fidanza. no problems with idle or anything. the revs do drop quickly, but i like it. like the man said its great for rev matching. and great throttle response.

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
I've got a clutchmaster flywheel, 7lbs... it's a little stubborn at idle but I love how it revs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts