Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I’m new here and new to the Honda game (coming from Subaru).
here’s the story:
2000 Honda Civic ex coupe manual 16y8
My buddy passed a few years ago from a drug overdose and his mom didn’t know what to do with his car so I inherited it. When he was still with us he had blown the head gasket and asked me to do it. Did the headgasket But engine didn’t run right (could walk faster then it in 1st). Decided I’d pull engine clean it up and rebuild it properly. Rebuild didn’t happen like I was hoping. Some time went by and I was on Facebook and found someone selling an engine. Went to pick it up and rebuild. Got the engine all back together and back into car. But before I finished working on it Saturday evening I was digging through some parts and found the FIA valve that goes into the thermostat housing and started reading up on it a bit. Turns out there’s a few different IM that the engine came with changing over the years. My thermostat housing on the engine currently doesn’t have the bung for the FIA and I’m pretty sure the IM doesn’t either but I could be mistaken car is 50 miles away from me currently and can’t confirm. My question is basically since car isOBD2 and going to be looking for the higher idle on cold starts due to the valve that isn’t there and possibly I/m doesn’t have runners for AIR will it set a code or run differently? Or should I just suck it up and swap manifolds and thermostat housings this weekend? Engine hasn’t run yet so gaskets on IM should be ok. I’m pretty sure engine is from 98 and IM is from that same year. Sorry not to familiar with Hondas and just want it to run properly at first light. Appreciate all the help you guys can give!

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,873 Posts
2000 is obd2b, and 98 is obd2a. swap the parts from the 00 onto the 98 and you should be gucci

1 - 2 of 2 Posts