Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 91 CRX HF (stock) is going to die (i can feel it and Honda told me haha)
should I :

A) Fix my gas sipping motor
B) buy/rebuild/swap a D16A6 (or Z6??)

My number one concern is reliability right now... I want to keep this car a long time... I really love it, and it would be GREAT if I could trust it to drive to Los Angeles or Phoenix ((i live in vegas))... I guess my real question is would/could a rebuilt d16 motor swap be very reliable?? something about a diff. motor in a car sounds sketchy hahaha.

My car is in really great condition... with 140k miles on it

any advice is appreciated as well as any price estimates each thing would cost.... another guy is trying to sell me an A6 for 250 that needs a rebuild .. and he said it leaked but ran fine ?? i'd also have to pay for him to drive it to me hahaha i'm so out of my league i'm not sure if its a good deal!

Thanks a lot sorry for the long post

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
Well, if I were you, I'd swap in an A6. It will bolt right in. You will need to use the A6 intake and exhaust manifolds though...As your HF's manifolds openings are way smaller than the A6's ports. As far as reliability goes it will be ok, you shouldnt have to rewire anything and like I said before it bolts right in. $250 sounds a bit steep to me unless it is in pristine condition. Other wise I'd search around some more.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts