Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
96,97,00 civic
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, If any of you are following my build thread you know I'm about to drop the engine.

I just have a few issues I need to tie up before it can come out.

1.The shift "stabilizer bar" has a clamp around it that I have removed but, I can't get that pin out of it. Does any on have any suggestions?

2.I can't decide if I should cut the exhaust after the header (bolts are rusted through) and just bolt on my new header and have it done. Or if I should try and salvage what pipe is there.
I can get it done locally pretty cheap so, I may have answered this one myself.

Thanks guys,
Chris

·
Registered
547 Posts
the bitch pin, i use a air hammer or a punch. it should pop out, maybe some pb blaster.

i did my friend exhuast over the week end. everything was rusted. i had to cut off the nut and punch the bolt out, it was a pita.

·
Premium Member
96,97,00 civic
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow thanks for the fast answers guys I really do appreciate it. I was just at sears today to HA. I had to get one 32mm socket to get the axel nut off and ended up buy a set of sockets 29-35mm. That's what always happens when I go to sears haha.

·
nonvtak ftw
5,230 Posts
Wow thanks for the fast answers guys I really do appreciate it. I was just at sears today to HA. I had to get one 32mm socket to get the axel nut off and ended up buy a set of sockets 29-35mm. That's what always happens when I go to sears haha.
its even worse when a snap on guy comes to you once a week, i know what you mean

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
if you are going to use the same trans, just leave the bitch pin in there and unhook the bar from the shifter (leaving the bar hooked to the trans)

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
i took my car to an exhaust shop and they torched off the collector bolt but you could cut and punch it out

·
Registered
1,211 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I'll try that first and if it dont work then I'll get the punch!
is very very easy, just make sure the bolt is a little long so u dont mash ur fingers :)
and IT HAS TO BE 12MM!!! if not it wont work

just line it up with the pin and hammer on it three or four good times and ur done

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
is very very easy, just make sure the bolt is a little long so u dont mash ur fingers :)
and IT HAS TO BE 12MM!!! if not it wont work

just line it up with the pin and hammer on it three or four good times and ur done
i found that the one of the ac mounting bolts work quite well...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts