Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a few questions about some stuff

On my mishimoto radiator which way is closed on the drain cock, in or out???

The radiator cap has that little do-flanger on it, what do i connect it too??

Is the havoline Dexcool ok to use in the mishimoto radiator. Also is tap water ok or do i need filtered or distilled??

I added a tranny cooler to replace the one in the oem radiator, how much more trans fluid should i add??

i bought this tranny cooler for my gf contour when she had it(got totaled, so i parted it out) and i don't remember exactly which one i got, but i believe it was like these

one

two

·
I wanna be just like Jimmy!!
5,349 Posts
ooh wow. been drinking again?

can't tell ya on the drain.

is it the rad cap, or the rad, near the cap, where the hose nip is? if it's on the rad, it goes to the overflow tank

·
Registered
525 Posts
On my mishimoto radiator which way is closed on the drain cock, in or out???
Put some water in and test.

The radiator cap has that little do-flanger on it, what do i connect it too??
Coolant overflow bottle.

Is the havoline Dexcool ok to use in the mishimoto radiator. Also is tap water ok or do i need filtered or distilled??
Dexcool is fine. You need distilled water. Honda coolant is recommended.

I added a tranny cooler to replace the one in the oem radiator, how much more trans fluid should i add??
Take the volume between the oem cooler and the one you have and modify your fill by the difference. You'll have to do this research on your own.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.