Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently got into imports, have a 90 civic hb, has a d15b1 block with a y8 head I believe "mini me swap", with a 5 speed tranny. Needs a rebuild guy looked kinda shady and engine bay was a mess so motor and tranny are out of the car. Also I have a td40h turbo, now questions are, the car has vtec now is it OK to turbo vtec and also is that turbo worth throwing on or should I get another one. Like I said new to this so all the advice is helpful and appreciate it all in advance thanks.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Ma hahaha I have you email.....

Lol. I'm tired n sleep.

but.

The turbo may be worth it, but then again. It's just easier to t3 a civic. Less custom adapter , flanges etc...
also what is your power goal and how do you want it to run?
Street, track, auto x , etc...

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Post some pix of the turbo, so we can see which one it is.
I've seen a greedy one which looks like a t25 and then there wrx ones with there weird flange.

Either way your probably have to get a custom manifold or adapter for it, along with hunting down a downpipe flange and getting someone to make a downpipe unless you can weld.

What's your power goal?
And are you dead set on using this turbo? Or just using it because it was" free?"

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Using cause its free lol, turbo came oft a starion... buddy gave it to me, power I'm not sure close to 150+ I don't wanna spend a fortune cause I know I could just swap it.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Using cause its free lol, turbo came oft a starion... buddy gave it to me, power I'm not sure close to 150+ I don't wanna spend a fortune cause I know I could just swap it.
yea thats the whole thing.
Just because its free doesnt mean its not going to cost ya.

You might spend more money using that turbo and going a full custom route.
Vs just buying another turbo and get alot premake or easier to fab parts.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Garrett t3 60. Less then 800 bucks, spools quick good turbo if you're not looking to make a lot of power up top.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rebuild, what pieces should I replace? Rods, pistons etc... and with what brands/kind. Like I said new to import cars so I don't know anything trying to learn. Again thanks for all the help and advice.

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
**sigh**

didnt even have to search- http://www.d-series.org/forums/forced-induction/77291-turbo-nitrous-faqs-info-look-here-first.html

http://www.d-series.org/forums/forced-induction/131762-d-series-turbo-build-threads.html

Showcase - D-series.org

Set your goals. IE what do you want the car to do.

Set a budget and then add 25% on top

Look at the site sponsor section, they have deals for us. http://www.d-series.org/forums/d-series-affiliate-forums/

Also I am pretty sure that turbo is equizalant to a 15g or is a 15g

1 - 15 of 15 Posts