Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was looking for answers for a friend that wanted to use the coil on plug system(COP) on a D16. I told him of the two main problems behind using it, the ECU being OBD2b and the provisions for the ECU to monitor the engine(cam sensor). I saw that the a2 had what looked to be mounts on the head for a dizzy, like the older D16 heads. Is this true? And if so does this mean you could use a cam sensor from the D17 on the D16? I figured he could swap in the harness from a '01 ex and just swap in the plugs he'll need to keep from the old harness. I thank he is just searching for answer's to care his momentary boredom, and I'm answering them to care mine. I don't think he'd ever does this, we both know the gains aren't worth the draw backs but would like to know if its possible....

·
Registered
311 Posts
yeah why not just throw out 300$ out the window might be more fun

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
... I don't think he'd ever does this, we both know the gains aren't worth the draw backs but would like to know if its possible....

·
Registered
2002 Civic LX-G
95 Posts
The D17 gets cam position data from a sensor mounted on the belt side of the engine beside the cam pulley. Not on the would be distributor side. Special timing teeth on the cam pulley required too.

·
Registered
311 Posts
aka dont do it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts