Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

Thanks for what seems to be a great forum, i have read a couple of threads to figure some things out so i thought i might aswell register :)

Im completely new to the Honda scene, bought an EK3 a week ago and i fell in love!

I would love for you guys to help me out with a couple of questions that i have about my car.

The first things i have noticed is that i have a D16Y8 Head on a D15Z6 bottom.

Whats the purpose of that swap?

Pros/cons to that setup?

How can i check if my ecu is worked on?

Thanks guys/girls!

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
The z6 was an econ motor over there, I assume you are in the euro market.

The y8 head adds to the pep through the curve while only loosing minimal economy. Not a big bump but you are ripe for a turbo setup, just make sure the bottom is still strong enough.

Does the ECU have a port on it any where but where the harness connects?

Most of all welcome, post some pics of the car and more info on where you are located,

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
Welcome to the D-series.

I like the car so far, not too ricey in any way that I can see.

The purpose of swapping the Y8 head on was for a slight compression increase.

Got any pics of the whole car?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yes euromarket! Located in Sweden.

Ive read that the Bottom of a D15Z6 is very stable and much more reliable than the D16 bottom, any truth to that?

Heres one pic of the exterior, gonna need some work to get it were i want to! Now its cleaned from stickers, lowerd some more, A/C removed and some new jdm fenders

Bought it for less than $800 so im very happy!

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Nice and clean, where in Sweden? I visited a few years back, stayed in Vaxjo, traveled through Kalmar, Costa etc.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Not that far from Växjö! A placed called Värnamo, if your visiting again let me know! =)
Went through your town on my way to the Husqvarna Museum. Love that place, lots of history, any way, back to the car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Went through your town on my way to the Husqvarna Museum. Love that place, lots of history, any way, back to the car.

Yes back to the car!

Like i asked above, Have read that the D15Z6 bottom is more stable and reliable than the D16. Any truth to that? :)

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts