Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
insert user title here
domestic.
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well heres a little update on my car.
i noticed a few months ago that i had a huge exhaust leak between my turbo and manifold causing 2 things.
1. really bad spool
2. turbo was sucking in exhaust gasses killing even more power.

my engine bay looked like shit from all the exhaust stains from the leak so i got sick and tired and went down to shucks. i bought an svo mustang gasket made from FEL-PRO. these gaskets are stainless steel and are a crush style.
i also bought some copper spray, and lock washers for the bolts that where loose on my manifold.
i applied the copper spray to the FEL-PRO gasket, the wastegate gaskets, the header gasket, and the downpipe gasket.
with everything bolted up and all the lines hooked up i decided to go for a test ride.

:shock: the car feels like a new car. it spools soo much faster than it ever did. and power is much more linear. with about $20 in parts, and some bruised knuckles it was soo worth it. before and after i whouldnt be surprised if i gained 40 horses.:beer:
Ryan, youre gonna need another ride. You might want to bring a depends diaper.

bottom line to everyone whos new to forced induction, CHECK FOR ALL LEAKS!!!
exhaust leaks are a double whammy. it kills both spool. and the turbo sucks it in killing even more power.

Reactions: njn63

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
thats good to hear. I bought an entire engine gasket kit made by fel-pro. I'm hoping the headgasket holds up under 18lbs of boost at least for a while.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
I'm hoping the headgasket holds up under 18lbs of boost at least for a while.
Should be good. Bizzar has one on his car and it has held 17psi dd and 22psi on the track for 35k now.

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Should be good. Bizzar has one on his car and it has held 17psi dd and 22psi on the track for 35k now.
do you happen to know if he coppersprayed it? And this isnt related to the HG, but do you know if bizzar was running pump gas or race gas with the 22 psi?

thanks for the comment

·
insert user title here
domestic.
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i like the copper spray. not really needed, but its a nice reassurance in case your surfaces arent flat enough. well worth the $7

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
do you happen to know if he coppersprayed it? And this isnt related to the HG, but do you know if bizzar was running pump gas or race gas with the 22 psi?

thanks for the comment
I don't think he copper sprayed it and I'm almost positive that he's not running race gas at 22psi.

·
Registered
629 Posts
those of you that use fel pro head gaskets...do you use copper spray? just curious. i'm using their MLS head gasket and I didn't use it...but the motor might be coming apart soon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts