Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so i was bored and it's never a good thing. then a lightbulb came on. i was like i should do a DIY to help feed your anything helpers. *hint, hint matt (H2Bcivic)*

so this will only set you back under $10 give or take if you have everything you need.

whole chicken cut in 1/2 - $5
seasons - salt, pepper, garlic, herbs. (we should have all of these in the spice cupboard.)
Olive oil spray - .99(for that fat helpers who need to lose weight)
Rice a Roni - $1.98 for two boxes.

ok lets's start.

pre-heat to 350*

unwrap the chicken and rise w/cool water; place on a plate for now.

now get a non-stick cookie sheet or place aluminum foil in a cookie sheet(for easy clean up.) :TU:
now take the olive oil spray and spray the cookie sheet evenly. now take some of the seasoning and sprinkle on the sheet. (you'll understand later)

now take your season and season the chicken(easy on the salt you don't want to put to much)
it should look like this, you notice the season on the sheet, too.

now set the timer on you stove/microwave oven for 30mins. don't open it till the ding you idiot. just leave it but don't forget like my ex-wife cause she burns water.

now that ding, take the chicken out of the oven. you'll notice that theres clear juices from the chicke on the sheet. tilt the sheet to a corner and w/a spoon drizzle some of the juices over the chicken. now since the sheet had season it will be mixed in w/the juices for alittle more flavor. once done place it in the oven. no timer this time. but if you need to know it can be 15-30minus depending on the oven. cooking the rice a roni will be you timer this time.

so follow the instruction on the Rice a Roni and make it. if you follow the instruction correctly by the time the rice is done the chicken it done too. hence everything comes out hot together. nobody wants one part hot and the rest luke warm.

so here is what you chicken looks like when it's done.

and this is what a plate looks like when prep for the helpers.

so you can make 4 good size meals for your helpers and yourself. if not put some away for tomorrows lunch at work. heres a nice tupperware bowl size.

all you need is this to make the meal great. :TU:

so i want to make a statement. when i live back home in NY. anytime i need to do work on the car or whatever. the first question would be: "are you cooking?" and the minute i said yes, they would be like i'll bring some beer. lol. sometimes just making a something to eat as simple as this, will help you thru your toughest build. there's another DIY meal i made on here somewhere to get you laid if you're in the dog house or trying to make a good impression to get laid. lol.

enjoy

remo

·
Registered
201 Posts
hummmm that looks good i am from new york to and i understand food for any thing. especially when it comes to working with some thing, hey honey take out the trash yes dear hummmm bear but yes it looks good and the meat takes less time to cook when its in halfs

·
i save your ass when you wreck
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
well i fuckin offered to cook u food, supply beer, maybe girls, swimming, and a ride in the ol h2b and u still wouldnt drive 4 hours... this thread is useless! hahaha it doesnt work!

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this makes my 3rd food DIY. lol.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you're always eating mexican food. lol.

·
Registered
95 Civic EX
885 Posts
that sounds good right about now. nice write-up man. :TU:

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks everyone. i'm here to help teach ppl, in getting things done very cheap and correct. even feed those that help you cause i will say this you feed a mofo while he's helping you. he'll remember that, i know i do. lol. shit and it's good when you need help and they're there. plus gary(flatfourfan) cook book is being published, yes a d-member w/a cookbook. i know they'll be more food DIY from mr and meybe other members. w/pics. lol

·
i save your ass when you wreck
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
remoer.. food, beer, swimming, h2b rides plus u can drive it if u come down...hahahaha

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Looks like I am going to have to light up the bbq today.... These damn subliminal messages.. :TU: I always cook for the guys that come help and for the few sponsors I have that come to hang out. Nice.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
that's right don. they always remember food, the sponser/new friends are like:
"we're we going"
"to don's place?"
"dons place? oh, oh that the guy that made those awesome bbq ribs. right?"
"yeah, and have the carb honda, can't forgot that." lol

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
LMAO... Thats exactly it too... Everyone wants to see the carbs.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Damm you man, Im trying to wach what I eat, LOL.
Is Funny Im about to go home and Im feeling the munchies but I promess not to eat pass 7pm, and you came and mess up everything. LOL
What the hell, I just hit the bike for 30 hour more.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
done

1 - 20 of 25 Posts