Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,313 Posts
could be, but why not just buy the correct tranny?

I've seen the insides of a Honda sluch box, your not gonna like it.

Changing the FD requires changing the countershaft, which has all kinds of plates, clutches and other items that just don't make it worthwhile.

·
Registered
Crx
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i know what you mean i took apart the trans i broke and i know why you say to change the fluid regularly the damn filter is the last thing you come to.

i wanted to take the final drive from a 92 trans and put it in my 90 which should make closer gears so that i can run the m&h 205 60 13 i have without bogging the motor down so bad.

the 175 70 13 are at thier limit now

·
Registered
941 Posts
it would be less work to do an auto to manual swap, and it would also be more beneficial to just get a manual si tranny.

This is the disadvantage of transaxles, you have everything slammed in one area and you're limited to the aftermarket parts.

BMW guys have just about any final drive from 2.93 to 4.44 to play with. Any combination you'd ever want, you can get, oem. Of course they're RWD, but you can pull the final drive from a automatic e36 325 (3.91) and use it in a manual 318. And that upgrade is like 200 bucks at most. damn, I wish honda's were RWD

·
Registered
Crx
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
car is for bracket racing, the auto keeps it within 2 hunderths all night, kind of important when everybody im racing is running a glide with an air shifter

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,313 Posts
so you saying your a shitty driver and don't wanna learn how to drive?

was outta practice on the tree........

When it was found out I was gonna enter into Bracket Racing, a BUNCH of RWD people cried foul that I would drag water to the starting line.

Oh yeah, lets not forget about the line loc on the clutch, just like leaving off a transbrake :)

http://bonespec.com/Honda/vids/aksc/sol at milan launch.mpeg

.501 tree, 14.00 @ 100 mph, D15B7 AKSC Sol :)

·
Registered
Crx
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
im saying why put myself at a disadvantage?

ps when they complain about a line lock and 2 step, nhra rules say it is legal for standard transmission cars. they had shit to complain about.

oh and im assuming that a 500 was perfect on the tree if so why would anyone be worried about racing someone with a 105 package at best

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
okay, i've never seen or heard of anyone actually changing the fd in a honda automatic trans. but if you do it, more power to ya. you've got a quick car for what it is already. and i know you pwn the brackets as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts