Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
I love my FLP, so I think it's worth it, but I also spend $$$ to go race my car. Not sure I'd spend that much just to have a 'big stick' in a car that was really just a DD.

Never used the GSR dual bend - is it just the stock piece that came on the GSR tegs?

I would guess that the only big difference between the two would be the FLP puts the knob closer to your steering wheel. Other than that, throw should be close to the same between the two, probably equally strong, etc.

IIRC, the guys at Wicked Innovation will take a stock shifter and modify it to be closer to the wheel, and shorten the throw, for less $$$ than FLP - but you'll have to contact them.

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I love my FLP, so I think it's worth it, but I also spend $$$ to go race my car. Not sure I'd spend that much just to have a 'big stick' in a car that was really just a DD.

Never used the GSR dual bend - is it just the stock piece that came on the GSR tegs?

I would guess that the only big difference between the two would be the FLP puts the knob closer to your steering wheel. Other than that, throw should be close to the same between the two, probably equally strong, etc.

IIRC, the guys at Wicked Innovation will take a stock shifter and modify it to be closer to the wheel, and shorten the throw, for less $$$ than FLP - but you'll have to contact them.
they say the gsr shifter is like a factory short shifter. i had never heard of that company. i didnt see where they modify factory shifters, but what they do to the linkage looks pretty cool. i might have to consider that down the road.

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
RC does the linkage modification for less IIRC.

If you drag race there's really no point in the FLP since your hand will most likely stay on the shifter the whole time. But, if you want the shift knob closer, then of course FLP or any extended shifter would work well.

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RC does the linkage modification for less IIRC.

If you drag race there's really no point in the FLP since your hand will most likely stay on the shifter the whole time. But, if you want the shift knob closer, then of course FLP or any extended shifter would work well.
who is rc

·
Registered
huh?
1,315 Posts
:3dtard:

j/k.....no really tho.

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
i can turn a gsr and single into a fastline

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
gsr oem shiter ftw!!! have it with my y7 tranny love it lots. is higher,closer to your body and less effort to push shifter into gear.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
gsr oem shiter ftw!!! have it with my y7 tranny love it lots. is higher,closer to your body and less effort to push shifter into gear.
Huh I had a skank2 dual bend.. was really nice but I blame it for my misshift so i sold that bitch.

Back to del sol stock :)

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
I personally LOVE my FLP shifter and feel is worth the cash but I've never driven anything with a GSR shifter so I can't really make a fair comparison.

FWIW, if you do end up getting the FLP shifter, don't get the skunk2 weighted knob. It's to heavy and makes the shifter feel weighted down as opposed to light...

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
here's my GS-R shifter with a Circut Hero shifter extension

installed

1 - 20 of 26 Posts