Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup guys? had a friend pop his second motor in his 98 civic. anyways, there are like three or four d16y7's at the local you pull it and i was wondering what was the fastest way to drop the motor? its going to be cold and im trying to convince him to put another motor in the civic rather than selling it. didnt know if there were any tricks or anything.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what im wanting to do to the donor civic at the yard. i guess just disconnect all the sensors and unbolt the tranny and then the motor mounts and boom she falls out? of course taking off the cross member and lowering the engine with a jack is a must

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
dude pm me about this yard is i have been trying like hell to find an engine with no luck in northwest ok

·
Registered
912 Posts
sup guys? had a friend pop his second motor in his 98 civic. anyways, there are like three or four d16y7's at the local you pull it and i was wondering what was the fastest way to drop the motor? its going to be cold and im trying to convince him to put another motor in the civic rather than selling it. didnt know if there were any tricks or anything.
Question: Do you require the car/motor to be functional at the end?

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
lol @ plasma cutter... that will deff get the job done quickly

the car may not look pretty tho :twisted:

·
Registered
189 Posts

·
I no longer haz teh pink eye! Iz got STINK EYE
3,332 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts