Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have anybody used the zc rods and pistons on a D16a6 and Y8 head to do a mini me? and if so let me know what type of ECU can I use with this type of build. thanx

·
Registered
510 Posts
You should get the ECU that matches your dizzy/fuel injectors. You will probably need to have the ecu tuned to make the most out of that setup...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but, do you know if it works I mean the zc pistons have pretty high dome,and I'm worry to hit the head and valves.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Use the compression calculator

http://www.zealautowerks.com/

If it's over 12:1 you're going to have problems running on pump gas. You don't have to worry about it hitting the head...

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
If you have a good tuner in your area, drop so unleaded race gas into your car before the swap, swap everything out, go get it tuned, and then slowly bring the octane down, adjusting the tune. It'll be fine. I plan on building an over 12:1 engine with ZC pistons, a Y7 head, and A6 block. There are several people who have done the same thing with pump gas. It all depends on how much care you are going to put into the build and tune of the engine.

·
Registered
My Crix
1,169 Posts
My current motor that i drive daily. Currently has 10k miles on it. 89 Crx Si A6 block, Y8 head, PM7 Pistons, ACL Race Bearings, Sized OEM Main Bearings, Y8 head gasket. On a stock ecu (PM6). I know it needs to be tuned and all but i run 93 octane all the time and all i did was retard the timing back to 12* at the dizzy and no detonation. Yes it doesnt produce the power it should, and no it doesnt get the gas milage it should, but i get 35 mpg and i walk on vw vr6's. Tuning is gunna cost me to do it right so yea thats why its still stock. But none the less, it runs, and is reliable.

·
Registered
510 Posts
but i get 35 mpg and i walk on vw vr6's. .
VR6's are not that great, mated with poor transmissions and are generally put in much heavier cars than yours.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mini me

My current motor that i drive daily. Currently has 10k miles on it. 89 Crx Si A6 block, Y8 head, PM7 Pistons, ACL Race Bearings, Sized OEM Main Bearings, Y8 head gasket. On a stock ecu (PM6). I know it needs to be tuned and all but i run 93 octane all the time and all i did was retard the timing back to 12* at the dizzy and no detonation. Yes it doesnt produce the power it should, and no it doesnt get the gas milage it should, but i get 35 mpg and i walk on vw vr6's. Tuning is gunna cost me to do it right so yea thats why its still stock. But none the less, it runs, and is reliable.
what kind of timing belt you are using and oil pump?

·
Registered
My Crix
1,169 Posts
VR6's are not that great, mated with poor transmissions and are generally put in much heavier cars than yours.
Trust me, i realize that. I hang out with a bunch of euro guys and it was funny to hear them talk mad shit bout vr6's and their potential, which dont get me wrong they do have alot, but they quickly shut up after i walked on one. It make me chuckle.

what kind of timing belt you are using and oil pump?
y8 timing belt and stock a6 oil pump.

i get 40mpg and i run low 15's, which is more impressive to say?
damn you got me there. But see im still runin a stock tune pm6 so just wait till i tune. Then well see.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts