Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
my size 9.5 pumas
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello im looking to find someone that i can ask questions pertaining a race car build calss mp-4b...theres not alot of stuff online
pertaining what can and cant be done ecxept race rules and regulations and i think i know why for obvious reasons.....the rules are vague and only have restrictions with the motor somewhat i want to know if you can seam weld the chasis and stupid shit like that and if i can open the gas tank and weld baffles in just dumb stuff that i cant find answers for online for like i said obvious reasons thanks in advance for any and all help and i cant wait to see wtf the bat is going to say and to reply its not there ive looked thanks in advance guys any and all help is apreciated

·
Registered
1987 CRXSi
416 Posts
Since it allows tube frame construction, then I can't believe that you could not seam weld the chassis.

It is a production based class and the rules state "IF IT DOESN'T SAY IT HERE, IT MEANS YOU CAN'T DO IT." I take that to mean...stock motor, intake, exhaust manifold, gear box, differential, ECU - everything in the drive train is stock. I found a reference for a Spec Miata that crosses over from SCCA to MP4B so that is a clue as to how it works.

Shy that - call the Sanctioning body?

·
Banned
my size 9.5 pumas
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Since it allows tube frame construction, then I can't believe that you could not seam weld the chassis.

It is a production based class and the rules state "IF IT DOESN'T SAY IT HERE, IT MEANS YOU CAN'T DO IT." I take that to mean...stock motor, intake, exhaust manifold, gear box, differential, ECU - everything in the drive train is stock. I found a reference for a Spec Miata that crosses over from SCCA to MP4B so that is a clue as to how it works.

Shy that - call the Sanctioning body?
ok cool thats what i was thinking too i just wanted to make sure before i went ham with shit... have you raced in fara before gt pilot?

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
Fuck it. If it doesn't say you can't do it, GO HOG WILD!

·
Registered
1987 CRXSi
416 Posts
ok cool thats what i was thinking too i just wanted to make sure before i went ham with shit... have you raced in fara before gt pilot?
I haven't - I just have racing friends that live in FL that know of the series. Go to an event and talk to the drivers in the class, look at their cars, ask questions about prep levels...you would be surprised how friendly racers can be!

·
Banned
my size 9.5 pumas
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fuck it. If it doesn't say you can't do it, GO HOG WILD!
yea thought about it but the question will i be able to race it kept poping into my head
I haven't - I just have racing friends that live in FL that know of the series. Go to an event and talk to the drivers in the class, look at their cars, ask questions about prep levels...you would be surprised how friendly racers can be!
yea i also thought about this but figured maybe someone on here could answer some questions before hand because the first race is feb 28 down here in homested speedway and i wanted to see if i could have the minimum done before then to at least have a track worthy car for me to get lisenced that weekend

·
Registered
Integra DB9, Accord Type R
432 Posts
I didn't have a clue what you were talking about, so I looked it up.

FARA
GENERAL RULES

“MP” Classes are defined as Modified Production. All vehicles must appear stock, however
bodies can include Fiberglass, Kevlar, or Carbon Fiber.

Racing Fuel Only (NO NITROUS OXIDE).
Frame can be tubular or semi-tubular.
Car and engine must be from the same manufacture.
Engine can be mounted in any position (front, mid or rear).
Car must contain a roll-cage.
Car must include a fire extinguisher.

MP-4B-Cars with engine up to 1.6 liters, normally aspirated, Miata 1.8 liters (SCCA legal size restricted plate required, no headers no intake). Honda1.6 liters V-Tech and non V-Tech single overhead cam, 1.6 liters twin cam non V-Tech, no headers no intake. VW 1.8 liters (8 valves factory compression) Rabbit 1.6 liters normally aspirated. Toyota MR2 – 1.8 engine, stock intake, no header.

Apart from the fact that Honda don't make a V-Tech engine (standard spelling gripe), I don't see the issue. If you can't work with that, then don't try to rush into early participation.

Or why not simply fit a roll cage and extinguisher and join in for a short while? You won't win anything, but I'm sure you'll learn a lot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts