Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's coming to that time of the year, I need the heater on, but only 3 and 4 speed work, 1 & 2 speed, ( most common ) don't work. So it's full and full blast heater, have to turn it on and off cos it's too much heating, and annoying.

I probably answer my own question, but it seem due to previous owner they probably only used 1 & 2 speed, connections worn out perhaps.

Is this a easy fix, to remove and clean the point contacts of 1 & 2 speed, or try to replace ?

1989 ED3

Thanks

·
Meat Popsicle
2,922 Posts
Never heard of this problem. It does sound like it could be worn contacts within the climate control unit but I’m not exactly sure if there’s something else that controls the fan speed.

Interested in the fix...

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
1,831 Posts
I've had them break so they only work when on high. The contacts for the resister are probably dirty. the resister has stopped working if you only have high. You may be able to clean them or you may need a new switch

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
to help, its called blower resistor at partsstores and generally 15 to 40 bucks

·
Registered
100 Posts
International Standard - 114.55 USD
Estimated Delivery Date: 2019-05-14

International Express - 158.17 USD
Estimated Delivery Date: 2019-05-09

Cost of delivery to Australia

https://tranzaction.bongous.com/pay/autopartswarehouse/tzc5cc618f3513e4

The resitor pack costs 14-15 USD, I can live with that.

What I don't understand is the delivery charges , has gone crazy past few years.

Is there a breakdown to pin point where the cost factor blows out ?
is it a tax, or is it actual cost of shipping per weight ?

The other solution, is a DIY fix.
I am no electronics wiz when it comes to calculations etc.

But, looking at it, can the coils be replaced with later technology electronics.
There is a store near by that sells all bits and pieces of electronics, resistors, etc etc.
But how do I calculate what I need, cos the store does not do the calculations, they assume one already knows what they are after

·
Registered
463 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Ahaaa !
Got one, AMAZON AUSTRALIA
AU $21.30 ( free delivery )

Thank you, your order has been placed.
Please check your email for order confirmation and detailed delivery information

AUTO OEM # 79330SR3A01 Heater Blower Motor Resistor for Honda Civic/Civic del Acura Integra 1992 1993 1994 1995-2001 79330SR3A01 will be delivered to ****** from lovey-auto.
Estimated delivery: May 9, 2019 - May 21, 2019

Thanks EFB, was doing the searches while you posted.

I will use the one from the project car for now, and when the new one arrives, have it in stock. May buy another for spare, at least we know they are available locally.

This may also solve why the air-con did not work. Wait and see

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
If what you posted from the amazon sale is correct, you ordered the wrong part for fitting an 89 civic

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
If what you posted from the amazon sale is correct, you ordered the wrong part for fitting an 89 civic
Yes the years did not match, but looking at the pictures they seem similar.

Wait n see.

No worries, if your AC wasn't cold before, it wont be after replacing this i'm sorry to say haha. This just controls the blower speed.
The A/C was not coming on at all, the clutch was not engaging, no power to the A/C clutch.
There is no A/C now, as I did not put it all back on that road-side water pump repair back then.

For the record, this car I hope to spend minimal time n money on fixes while I concentrate mainly on the project car.
Hope to keep separate as I don't want one to be donor to the other.

Anyway, the fan is working on 2-3 & 4.
Speed 1 is not working when I swapped resistors.
Speed 2 is good enough for now, manageable.

I'll update when that part arrives, hopefully it does the job despite the year as matt pointed out.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
3,955 Posts
you don't have napa's or autozone's down undah?

hell, a pick and pull should have a ton of cars with parts left to rummage through.

and I don't think youll need a "spare" any time soon. Ive replaced 1 in my entire Honda owning career.....they don't fail often

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
you don't have napa's or autozone's down undah?

hell, a pick and pull should have a ton of cars with parts left to rummage through.

and I don't think youll need a "spare" any time soon. Ive replaced 1 in my entire Honda owning career.....they don't fail often
We got spare parts here, and ya go there for a comedy show, like they really don't know.
I asked once for clutch kit with thrust bearing on another car, the young dude was looking at his computer, and then asked, "is it manual or auto, sir"?

Yes we do have wreckers where you can rumage thru, but the ED range are becoming rare. The wreckers that do have a few in stock, just blow the prices out of proportion.
Another wrecker gets cars, no matter their rarity, 3 months max they in the yard then scrapped,squashed in production line fashion...gone forever.

They will remove old cars from properties and pay 100.00, but if you want to buy the car, they sell for 1000.00. Pirates the lot of them.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
3,955 Posts
We got spare parts here, and ya go there for a comedy show, like they really don't know.
I asked once for clutch kit with thrust bearing on another car, the young dude was looking at his computer, and then asked, "is it manual or auto, sir"?

(probably reading from a screen and doesn't give a shit about his job to put in the brain effort. common here too)

Yes we do have wreckers where you can rumage thru, but the ED range are becoming rare. The wreckers that do have a few in stock, just blow the prices out of proportion.
Another wrecker gets cars, no matter their rarity, 3 months max they in the yard then scrapped,squashed in production line fashion...gone forever.

(sounds like lkq here. comes in, and 90 days later gone.....cept they wont let you buy the whole car from the yard)

They will remove old cars from properties and pay 100.00, but if you want to buy the car, they sell for 1000.00. Pirates the lot of them.

MURICA!!!......wait, huh?
side note, how far away are you from the mighty car dudes?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts