Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
mini me Question

I know there are a lot of threads with the mini me and I didn't want to thread jack someone so I had to start a new one. I have been very slowly acquiring the parts for my Y7/Y8 mini me build. My question is do you have to change the header when you change out the head? An example, I have a Y7 block and plan on putting the Y8 head on do I need the Ex header and exhaust or will the Y7 stock shit bolt up?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It'll bolt right up.

Do yourself a favor: edit this out and read the forum rules.
Bro, thanks for helping out. I am a member on other sites (I would list them but some sites don't like when you list them) and are trying to build my build piece by piece and are looking for parts but this 65 posts thing is killing me..lol

Thanks again and now I can save more money and eventually get larger pipping exahust and maybe a header if I don't go turbo.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
I am a member on other sites (I would list them but some sites don't like when you list them) and are trying to build my build piece by piece and are looking for parts but this 65 posts thing is killing me..lol
Just don't post whore to 65. If you contribute to the forum and create meaningful posts, you'll be at 65 soon enough.

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,673 Posts
Just don't post whore to 65. If you contribute to the forum and create meaningful posts, you'll be at 65 soon enough.
yep. if you do a good search on the forum you'll find nice answers for your question on your build. good luck, have fun.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. As a rule of thumb, I use the search function before I post new threads because I know I am not the only person to try and do things, but you never know, I always break shit..lol.

·
Registered
490 Posts
breaking shit is where it's at. you might want to get a new header though... something that's at least a little less restrictive than the stock header. just my .02

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Oh okay. So basically it would be like stock non vtec motor running with that ecu correct?
Except for the higher compression and different cam profile...

I had to use the p06 because the p28 makes my car misfire at idle. I'm still trying to figure out what's causing it. I tried playing with my adjustable cam gear, and that only made it worse (in either direction).

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is the main reason I am sticking with OBD2 (96-00 head) because I don't want to get fucked with for emissions.

Quick question so I don't have to start another thread. I am currently looking at a Y8 head that came off a car with a bad bottom end. The kid wrote the following:

no the head was pulled from a bad bottom end a spun a rod bearing the head is fine no damage, cam is fine rockers are fine springs all of it

The question is, can the head be damaged from this? Is he lying?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
i did a y7/y8 swap with a head that had a melted piston on the bottom end. the head was still in mint shape. been dd'ing that setup boosted for over 2 years now.

the head COULD be damaged but also could be mint. do a visual inspection

-Luke

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i did a y7/y8 swap with a head that had a melted piston on the bottom end. the head was still in mint shape. been dd'ing that setup boosted for over 2 years now.

the head COULD be damaged but also could be mint. do a visual inspection

-Luke
When a head is damaged, is it noticeable? For instance, will I pull the valve cover and see bent shit? What would you look for when buying a head?

Thanks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts