Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So been reading on doing a mini me swap for my d15b7. Went ahead and did the swap here’s what I have done and what problem I’m having.

z6 head
Z6 intake mani
Z6 exhaust mani
B7 throttle body with blocked Fast idle Thermo
P28 ecu
Z6 distributor
New spark plugs
New spark plug wires
New distributor
Y cam gear
Tuned with neptune
Short ram intake
Vtec wired direct into ecu

So when I am gassing it usually 4k+ rpm and I shift and attempt to continue to accelerate usually when I’m pedal to the flooor the car just falls on its face and has no power then will continue to just run normally and it happens a few times every time a drive it (usually drive a bit harder to try to recreate the issue) not sure what it could be any info?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I could be wrong about this but shouldn't u be using a p2p ecu. P2p is for the z6. P28 needs a transducer or such to make up for the missing.knock sensor. At least I think I was reading that right when I was thinking of using the p28. Make sure.someone else verifies before listening to me I'm still new to building Honda's.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I could be wrong about this but shouldn't u be using a p2p ecu. P2p is for the z6. P28 needs a transducer or such to make up for the missing.knock sensor. At least I think I was reading that right when I was thinking of using the p28. Make sure.someone else verifies before listening to me I'm still new to building Honda's.
I havent read about a p2p anywhere but I believe that the p28 comes out of the D16Z6 platform but as well I’m new to this and could be wrong but my tuner went through the ecu and mapped it and everything with no problem?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry I got things backwards. P28 is for the z6, p28 y8. Name numbers and letters being so close is easy to mix up

1 - 9 of 9 Posts