Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
HONDA CIVIC
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi ppl , im asking you for some help , because i went to the anual inspection , inspection that we are obrigated to do , here in Portugal ...
I´ve swappped an D16Z6 , into my civic K , and all went right till the emission test , that failed with a high value ,passing by far the limit by law ...

my KAT and oxygen sensor is ok , already saw the electric instalation for defects or bad conections on oxygen sensor when i did the swap , and with this i have a theory that i need your knowledge to confirm...

the Z6 OEM honda exhaust manifold , have the spot of the oxygen sensor into that point were the primaries join , into a common chamber , were the sensor can read all the 4 cylinders , the aftermarket exhaust manifold that i have instaled the sensor goes into ONE of the primaries only , so i can deduce that the sensor is reading only 1/4 of the mixture , and the ECU goes to compensate that with more fuel and incrise the emission ...causing my car to fail the emission test , can it be?

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Get a o2 bung and weld it on the common pipe (where the 4 runners connects) and plug your sensor there, and tap the original bung.

The bung in the runner is most used for EGT sensors than O2 ones.

What engine did u have before the swap?
Maybe your using the wrong ecu.

I would recommend you to switch to a chipped ecu and tune it for emissions test, after that retune it for performace. (easy way is to have 2 chips burned)

Good luck

·
Registered
HONDA CIVIC
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi , im using a P28 with stock map , never chipped , im going to do what you said...thx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts