Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in march I got pulled over near Pittsburgh, they smelled weed, which gave them probable cause to search. They found a roach in the ash try, nothing else. So they got me with paraphernalia and possession. They also took my .357 (which I had a permit for) and $5000 off of me. Bunch of bullshit. Anyway, now I have to go to "treatment" for marijuana once a week, where they drug test me. I take Xanax for anxiety, which they know. But something weird happened. I came up positive for Adivan, which I have never even seen in my life! Both Xanax and Adivan are benzo's, but different chemically. So now I may get in trouble with my probation officer for failing a drug test for a drug I never took. Anyone ever hear about anything like this?

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
google says :
Adivan is a common misspelling of Ativan. Adivan (lorazepam) is used in the treatment of anxiety disorders and for short-term relief of the symptoms of anxiety.

--
So yea im not sure about that but i know testes like this suck and are stupid because they can pick up on things that arent truly there.
It goes back to the whole poppy seed bagel testing for coke and people getting fired over it.
I wish you the best but there isnt much you can do but fuss.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
google says :
Adivan is a common misspelling of Ativan. Adivan (lorazepam) is used in the treatment of anxiety disorders and for short-term relief of the symptoms of anxiety.

--
So yea im not sure about that but i know testes like this suck and are stupid because they can pick up on things that arent truly there.
It goes back to the whole poppy seed bagel testing for coke and people getting fired over it.
I wish you the best but there isnt much you can do but fuss.
it's heroin... poppy is the source of opiates, not cocaine.

don't they need to have two consecutive tests that show the same results to eliminate the possibility of a false positive?

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Im sure theres things that you can take legally can alter your drug tests. I've heard of people taking jack3d (pre workout) and testing positive for crystal meth lol

Google it, Im sure your not the only one who it happened to.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
it's heroin... poppy is the source of opiates, not cocaine.

don't they need to have two consecutive tests that show the same results to eliminate the possibility of a false positive?
Yes true but some test have shown cocaine due to the way they handle the makeup.

Hell if you slice a person down your find gold bit it doesn't mean where pure gold.

That's my main reason for disliking test like those they can be so many false readings. And there is so much in prec pills these days.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
could the pharmacy pull a switcharoo? gave you the wrong meds that does same thing?

IDK, im speculating.

My question is, if you saw you were getting pinched, why didnt you toss the roach?
I woulda swallowed that fucker.

That way, when they say " I smell weed", you can say " did you just get done smoking some weed?!"

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
could the pharmacy pull a switcharoo? gave you the wrong meds that does same thing?

IDK, im speculating.
No, I know what Xanax look like. I've been taking them for years. Plus Xanax and Ativan were in my system according to the test.

My question is, if you saw you were getting pinched, why didnt you toss the roach?
I woulda swallowed that fucker.

That way, when they say " I smell weed", you can say " did you just get done smoking some weed?!"
Well, when the cop pulled me out of the car to search me for more weapons, my wife started eating roaches.... She missed one.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
you know, the tray the pharmacist uses could have traces of other drugs since they a;ways dump them on the same tray.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
No, I know what Xanax look like. I've been taking them for years. Plus Xanax and Ativan were in my system according to the test.

Well, when the cop pulled me out of the car to search me for more weapons, my wife started eating roaches.... She missed one.
Lol "wife started eating roaches" out of context that sounds so funny and crazy.

And you can tell them no if they ask to search your car. It's your right. Tons of laws and ways around then if you learn.

Long story short a lawyer got out of a dui. She refused the normal test and asked for a blood test to be done. It took them some time to get the officers to come down and she also called a friend to pick her up. They gave her the test but by that time it it was out her system. So no dui lol...
See loop holes.

shes been watching those wife killer shows ehh
and maybe lol , but then it would probably be cleaning supplies, or night time pills.

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
That's messed up bro. i guess you will just have to be honest to your probation officer saying it could be the xanax and adivan that tested positive. Best of luck to you man

·
endo_bobo
1998 Civic Sedan
877 Posts

If it comes down to court you may want to watch what you say on forums. Depending on how much they want to dig.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
And you can tell them no if they ask to search your car. It's your right. Tons of laws and ways around then if you learn.
I did tell them no. They said they were going to impound my car, and I was 2 hours away from my house. Then I let them search. Problem was, the "smell" gives them probable cause to search, more than reasonable suspicion.

If it comes down to court you may want to watch what you say on forums. Depending on how much they want to dig.
Not worried about that. I have nothing to hide. I'm not doing anything I'm not supposed to.

·
Registered
840 Posts
was it that red civic? that some shit man, it could be worse tho. back when i had my civic if i got stopped with someone in the car with me the LEO would always try and search my car, i've even been pulled out and just about cuffed for 0 reason, had alot of profiling done to me. just keep your head up, i would ask for a retest, or maybe talk to a lawyer and see what they say you should do.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Do you take generics or do you take actual bars?

Just out of curiousity, why were you driving around with you licensed weapon and $5k cash with paraph in the car? That is one good way to make sure you can never legally carry a weapon again and for sure get your cash confiscated... Not trying to nag on you... That really sucks.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts