Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honda HPD Supercharged CR-Z Concept is the one we've been longing for

Nothing set in stone but it's an interesting idea. What do you guys think? 185HP and 169lb/ft in a sub 2700lb package seems like it would put the performance in-line with the Civic Si. I personally like the way the CRZ looks and would probably rock this as a DD if the price was right.

·
Registered
1995 civic ex
25 Posts
I thought the CRZ was supposed to be a hybrid. Not a 185 hp super charged street car. But yes I would drive it. I like how they look.

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
985 Posts
I would drive this as long as the price was right.

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
A) The price will be high.
2) It will still have Insight suspension.
III) Anyone who doesn't realize that it's a slower more expensive version of an RSX Type-S is just obviously blind.
3) (I don't care that I did 3 twice, it's my list) It'll probably still have the regenerative braking crap that grabs really hard on initial bite and then tapers off, which is just about the most annoying thing.
E) I don't wanna look like a pretentious trendy green peace loving douche nozzle, you know the type of person that always has the latest I-phone and sneakers that have never been worn in mud.
6) It still won't get super impressive gas mileage.
LAst) Most importantly, I can't afford it.

No, I wouldn't drive it.

Thanks, I haven't made a good "Why I hate the CR-Z" post in a long while.

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i would drive it i like the look of the cr-z better, 2700lb is pretty darn heavy for how big the cr-z is
Eh, I mean it's 2.5" wider and 12" longer than the CRX...and I'm sure it's a hell of a lot safer.

A curb weight of 2650lbs is pretty darn good these days for any car IMO.

·
Registered
same as above
861 Posts
restore a real crx for half the price and smoke it with twice the mileage. or buy a veloster and have a more functional car with a turbo and 100,000 mile warranty. (they are over 3,000 lb tho)

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
not impressed by it, another money grab if you ask me.

I like the way the crz looks, but until either it loses about 700 pounds, or gains about 60 hp, it wont be worth it to me.

used s2k for 14k$
4k$ turbo kit
?????
profit.

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
I really think if had just not "gone green" and the hybrid system with all the extra weight, yet kept the start/stop technology, they could've achieved the same mpg and been a much quicker car!

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts