Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
still cool though for that price thats amazing

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
F22a head is better than the H head and you can run a bigger cam with the F head

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
F22a head is better than the H head and you can run a bigger cam with the F head
stock for stock the h 22 has more horsepower so im assuming it has more potential

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
the h is a dohc
the f is a sohc

dohc flows wayyyyy better plus u can tune the exhaust cam by itself and vis versa with the intake....there is no contest to decide which is better..

dohc>sohc i still love the d but its the truth

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the f22 is a good motor, the h is just a better one

·
Registered
same as above
861 Posts
the coolest part of that article is it turns out you can use k20 pistons for it with the stock f rods and h head. and his set up was waaay more that 1800. they use that as a bare bones figure, with the high-end way being about 6k. still way cool and prolly the way id go if i ever do a swap.

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
its a bastard engine not a lego set, its not gonna be the easiest thing youve ever done if youd read the article the whole reason he didnt use the h series block is cause it is a pain in the ass to over bore and the f series has bigger main journals and a larger girdle

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
the h is a dohc
the f is a sohc
yay! you can read the valve cover.. :lol:

dohc flows wayyyyy better
prove it. let me dig up some of my research. it says differently.

plus u can tune the exhaust cam by itself and vis versa with the intake....
not really an issue either.. this can be taken into account and a custom cam can be made to work it all out. the dohc vs sohc for tunablility is pretty much a null point now a days.

there is no contest to decide which is better..
maybe for you. everything i have read says differently. its a give and take, both are as good as the other on thier respective blocks.

dohc>sohc i still love the d but its the truth
your not playing in the same league.. b and d comparisons are NOTHING compared to f to h comparisons.

valve angle, bowl, and port angle are also very very good reasons why the f22a is better then h23/h22 head.

tis nothing new
true.. and k20 pistons inside is also not new.. thought about them for the f2b build.. mags are always about 10 moths behind the curve.. ;) :D :lol:

ok, before people jump me for the above.. saying "well they made more power with the h head".. or other non-sense. simply look at the situation. its a buget build. whats cheaper, race re-grind of a f22a cam or a h23 head? i'll give you a hint, locally a h23 head can be had for around $300. race cam for a f22a is how much again? its a simple $$ vs effort equation... most people working the f to the limit, prior to making the engine into a "g-motor", are still only using street shelf grinds. and those that did stick with it, are knocking at the door of the g-motor guys..

1 - 20 of 44 Posts