Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Civic Hatch cx
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
PICS of my port job start on page 4!! check em out!

SI VALVES swirl polished on page 5!

as some know i came across this block for free and well.. ima build it and swap it into the hatch.... so please peoples bare with me im not made of $$:( but hopefully if all goes well my goal is around Jan. so lets start with some pics!!

it was just laying there.... so sad..

Now i took a straight edge and the most i found was 0.005 in a spot. so i dont think im going to deck it.. but idk.

outa the parts was and with a hone i cleaned off some surface rust and got some readings (not accurate because of the rust) witch came out BEAUTIFUL and so on to the crank..... (will post a pic later) BUT IT'S PERFECT!! brand new!! all piston rod journals where the same readings! 1.8895 the main (will post exact measurements tomarrow) where only 0.0001 off. so i think its good.:bigok:

·
Registered
1994 Civic Hatch cx
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

as you can see the iron sleeves are rusted... not bad though! took it to a machine shop and they said we can machine hone it and it will clean it right off!!! SWEET:bigok: so he quoted me 120 for that... that's happening on mond.

and now for a lil sad time...
i seen it at first and started thinking dam... ima need him to bore this out... but when i was there he said to just take some fine sand paper and smooth it out.. it doesnt protrude out that much. but enough to fuc* some shit up it i dont do anything about it. so :bigok: im happy! gettin some $$ sunday so will be buying rings, bearing, etc. later but leme know what you guys think!

·
Registered
1994 Civic Hatch cx
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
well... ok.. the parts on my list.

rc440 inj.
idk what turbo. but only want 9 psi for now (on stock internals)
MSD setup
chip the p28 (tune obviously)
fuel pump and fpr.
that's it... everything else. stock

hopefully around 250 hp?!?!

EDIT: ohh Pnp head and later a cam.

·
Registered
554 Posts
if all you have is the block right now then i would suggest a a6 head with a dsm manifold and turbo. that will not only be cost effective but it will take you to your power goals as well. also if you dont have the injectors yet get the dsm 450s.

·
Registered
1994 Civic Hatch cx
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what the difference with dsm an rc inj??? and is the a6 a 12valve??? there's a head there that's a 12 valve but ive been doing some reading and i heard the a6's are the best bet... are they 16 valve?

and how much for a dsm manifold and turbo?

·
Registered
1994 Civic Hatch cx
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im glad you decided to stay with the block :bigok:
thanks... and so am i... every shop ive been to has told me not to do it...:dots: but it's only more motivation for me! haha only problem so far.... the tranny!?!?!?!?

·
nonvtak ftw
5,230 Posts
God damn thats one ugly block. I would like to see it turn out though.
Fuck trying to get that shit clean with sand paper, run a flex hone through it.
You gonna get the kaizenspeed balance shaft eliminator?

·
Registered
554 Posts
what the difference with dsm an rc inj??? and is the a6 a 12valve??? there's a head there that's a 12 valve but ive been doing some reading and i heard the a6's are the best bet... are they 16 valve?

and how much for a dsm manifold and turbo?
10cc and probably ~$50
and yes the a6 is a 16valve from a 90-93 accord. they love boost. go on a dsm forum and look for a oem turbo and manifold. should be around 150 tops

·
Registered
1994 Civic Hatch cx
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
God damn thats one ugly block. I would like to see it turn out though.
Fuck trying to get that shit clean with sand paper, run a flex hone through it.
You gonna get the kaizenspeed balance shaft eliminator?
oh ugly is being nice.. allready ran a flex hone through it im just going to take it to the machine shop and have them machine hone it.. as for the balance shaft elimenator.... idk.. what's the gian/disadvantage with them? i know its only like 120 but really what's the gain in it?

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
Sweet a project like this is in my future as well. I wants a big single cam, but ... I'll finish my current project first. Or maybe find another car to put one in.

·
Registered
1994 Civic Hatch cx
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
im waiting on a pic of the head that is being given to me... Dnt think it's a a6... but the other head was trash... so idk one thing is for sure.. the old head is going to be my PnP tester! haha so any input on porting it? and is it a good thing to match the heads with the gasket on the IM? any input would be greatly appreciated.

***BTW i have a 5-30 speed dremel... (if it matters)

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
the 90-93 accord head is all the same, minus the cam and IM. pretty sure i already told you that. anywho... balance shaft eliminator kit, asap. its one of the best mods your going to do. gives you a solid 10 psi of oil pressure and the flow with it. the rear balancer gear will be gone, so less hassle putting the engine in the car also.

go back to your other thread, i already listed what you need for a turbo kit. the DSM injectors will be the best bet and far cheaper then the RC ones. but its up to you if you want to go that route. the DSM guys are always giving up on their injectors, so they can be had cheap.

make a list of the OEM parts your going to need. i have enough parts for your engine to get some. things like an oil pump or (if your going to keep them) balancer shafts, etc. also have a vtec head (which was actually given back to me after i gave it away) that you can slap on that block if you so desire.

·
Registered
1994 Civic Hatch cx
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hey yea i just emailed someone on craigs....

4dsm 450cc inj. $50
IM with everything. $20

ok so the eliminator is a go.

the head i have is missing 2 springs/retainers/clips, etc. and 1 valve. but the head itself has a lot of carbon buildup... so what i wanted to do was practice PnP on that head so when i get mine i kinda allready have a feel for it. Pm will be sent on that list.

so what do you think of the block patrick?

·
Registered
1994 Civic Hatch cx
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
and now for a lil sad time...
i seen it at first and started thinking dam... ima need him to bore this out... but when i was there he said to just take some fine sand paper and smooth it out.. it doesnt protrude out that much. but enough to fuc* some shit up it i dont do anything about it. so :bigok: im happy! gettin some $$ sunday so will be buying rings, bearing, etc. later but leme know what you guys think!
im soo stupid:uh:

here's that pic of what i was talking about.. (ima tard i know)

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
that should be fine as long as the face of the bearing receiver is smooth. best to place a bearing shell up against it to see if the back half of the shell is going to get a bunch of oil on it or not.

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
I may be late and missing some of the story but what is up with that spray paint on the block? All CFC cars in the jy here have that color spray paint on them. I know it's illegal but is that a block out of CFC car?

1 - 20 of 140 Posts