Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bought an f22b2 off kijiji a few weeks ago to swap into my civic. Just looking for someone who's done a similar swap in the past (I think H swap is almost identical) who I can refer to for where they found assorted parts. Some have been a total pain in the ass to find

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,000 Posts
I did an F2D swap in an EF many years ago. Used a Bisimoto/Evolution plate kit to do it. But I'm familiar with it into an EG as well. A little easier than the EF swap.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is a good reference for parts. And yes, I recommend the B series trans. Its just easier to adapt than the D. Shop Brough | Brough Performance. USA made Plateless non-plated H2B and F2B swap kits
I’ll definitely look into that. The plan is actually to find an H transmission (there’s an m2b4 near where I live that’s kinda cheap) that I think fits of what I’m reading is correct. Or depending on what sort of deals the PnP has, I can just grab an H or F trans from there.

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,000 Posts
B series trans running any F2B/H2B plateless setup is superior from my experience. H or F trans in an EG body will have severe axle angle issues. If you ever turbo it or plan on clutch dumping at 5k rpms, you'll be replacing axles quite often. Just my experience, and that of many others that have run this setup

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh okay, I didn’t even know you could run plateless. I know there’s an adaptor for it but I can’t justify spending that much money at this point, which is why I’d go F or H.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for sharing, I’ll see if I can find a video. I get a good enough idea of it but I still don’t want to fuck it up since I can’t see anything

1 - 8 of 8 Posts