Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if a F20 block can fit a d16Z6 Head?

Can some pros tell me, which block with can be used with Z6 head to get the higest Capacity increase for an All motor setup?

I was hoping to go up to 1800 cc to 2000cc?

I have heard of F20 block(single cam vtec engine) can fit Z6 head?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Does anyone know if a F20 block can fit a d16Z6 Head?

Can some pros tell me, which block with can be used with Z6 head to get the higest Capacity increase for an All motor setup?

I was hoping to go up to 1800 cc to 2000cc?

I have heard of F20 block(single cam vtec engine) can fit Z6 head?
You are definitely mistaken about the Fseries block with a dseries head. I fyou want that much displacement you are looking at breaking the bank.

For starters you will need to sleeve the block for the 78mm-79mm bore you will have to run, then you are gonna need a D17 stroker setup (read: Search button), new custom pistons for your bore size which will be forged, new forged rods for the stroker setup. With that big of a bore you my even have to radius the combustion chambers for piston fit if you have them peeking out of the deck. Either way you are looking at a fuck ton of money for a motor that is gonna be race only and probably not last very long, most of the big bore motors posted haven't run very well. If you really must have 2000cc displacement getting that from a Dseries engine == ALL CUSTOM crank/etc route. Last I check an off the shelf billet crank for a motor was about 2grand by itself, add custom in there and you are looking at prolly another 5-700$ just for the labor to measure and program a CNC. While if you went this route it would be awesome to see how it ran but you are gonna spend well over 5grand for a ~200whp motor at best at worst you are gonna spend 5grand on a timebomb that might only last a few runs before something breaks.

If you want a bigger displacement motor in the 2000cc+ range that you can run everyday, realistically you are on the wrong forum, you might want to think of something that is more swap oriented. My vote goes to nailing down the most torque for the $$$. For me that would be an Sohc F23 engine with H22 trans and DC5 K20a pistons from the JDM Integra TYPE R with a custom bisi camshaft and a wicked tune. But its as much trouble as swapping an H22 in so it still money but mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm fast.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Now if you want to go with a more down to earth but still very nice N/A build, stick to the tried and true a6/z6 block with a6/z6 head with P29 pistons, P&P, Bisi Level2-3 cam and valve train, then get a 4.7Final drive and LSD. It will cost you about ~2-3grand(Depending on how much you can do yourself) and net 140-160whp depending on high your dynamic CR and how much port work you do and how aggressive the tune. LSD and FD are optional but you should get them eventually if you do any real racing, given equal drivers the car with the upgraded FD should be almost .3 - .5sec quicker in the 1320.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts