Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
'97 crv
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First practice is already over. 2nd practice starts in an hour and a half. Speed has coverage and Formula 1? - The Official F1? Website has live timing, or free F1 2012 iphone/android/blackberry app has live timing.

Wish I could go but didn't have the money and Do NOT want to deal with the crowds this year. I'll probably go to the Aussie V8 supercars in the spring though. But no F1 for me until Austin and CotA get everything streamlined.

Who's watching!?

I missed P1 because I'm at work and was.... actually working, go figure. And I'll miss P2 because I'll be in a class, RAWR!!!

·
Registered
Ek sedan
382 Posts
I was surprised to see this topic, not many people in the states follow f1. I'm sure that has to be torture living in Austin and not going, I was thinking about going but wasn't up for the drive from ga. I honestly don't see kimi winning again and him getting on the podium isn't very likely. Not to take anything away from them, but he won because of a perfect storm. Should be exciting!

·
Registered
'97 crv
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bad part is the huge influx of people. Traffic is a bitch, all sorts of roads are closed because of street fests they are having downtown. I was offered a ticket to the race by a friend of a friend, and I almost regret not taking it, but I'll just watch it in the warm embrace of my couch this year.

And ya, lots of people even in town have no idea WTF is going on, it's shocking.
Yesterday one of my professors was bitching about traffic and noise and people and at least 3 people were like huh? is something going on this weekend?? -_- yes.... F1... What's F1? -_______-

·
Premium Member
'92 CX Twincharged D
750 Posts
LOL, sad the average American does not know about the most expensive motorsport in the world.

Too many turns for the avg. NECKCAR fan :)

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Oh yeah, got the DVR set to record...but I'll probably end up watching it live. :usa:

I hope this race will be as good as the last, more Kimi radio action would be fun. :)
Yeah, yeah, yeah...I know what to do! EPIC!

It'll be a coin toss on whether Hamilton's car makes it without a mechanical failure.

I've got to give it up to my man Vettel though and the Red Bull team...a 2.6 second 4 wheel change? How the hell do they manage that?!?! The way the man conserves tires, yet manages to gap the field if on poll on the first couple of laps is amazing!

I wonder what nickname this hill will soon be called?

·
Premium Member
'92 CX Twincharged D
750 Posts

·
Premium Member
Honda City
2,438 Posts
Skip the first year. That's usually the time when everyone goes to see what the hype is, without knowing what the sport is. Second year onwards, you get the true die-hard fans, and the people who enjoyed the first year. The crowd will be much better.

·
Premium Member
'92 CX Twincharged D
750 Posts
Skip the first year. That's usually the time when everyone goes to see what the hype is, without knowing what the sport is. Second year onwards, you get the true die-hard fans, and the people who enjoyed the first year. The crowd will be much better.
There is sound logic there. :)

·
Premium Member
Honda City
2,438 Posts
Happened in my country too. The first year, there were way too many wannabes, stupid celebrities who were looking for attention from the media, etc. The second year onward, the crowds might've gone down a little. But you get true motorsport fans.

·
Registered
Ek sedan
382 Posts
That's ridiculous that the biggest motorsport in the world is coming to town and people are clueless. By the way they have been calling the hill "phil hill". Anybody have a favorite for the race?

·
Premium Member
'92 CX Twincharged D
750 Posts
That's ridiculous that the biggest motorsport in the world is coming to town and people are clueless. By the way they have been calling the hill "phil hill". Anybody have a favorite for the race?
Yeah Vettal is who I have been rooting for, but it would not break my heart to see Kimi win the last two races.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
i was suppose to be there but i had some unexpected things happen so i wasn't able to go but the g/f and i were picking a set of 3 day VIP tickets that were $1,200 each person.

·
Registered
'97 crv
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Exactly my thoughts. But it's sooo hard lol, my g/f's dad had an extra ticket for the race and my roommate had an extra ticket for qualifying. It was REALLY had to turn down free tickets but I'm sticking to my guns..... Next year

·
Registered
'97 crv
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wonder what nickname this hill will soon be called?
If I'm not mistaken they are calling it fill-hill. because they had to dig out the straight and they used the backfill to build up turn 1.

·
Registered
'97 crv
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:uh:

well that makes more sense

·
Premium Member
'92 CX Twincharged D
750 Posts
Watched Qualifying on Speed Channel, there was a lot of celebrities in and on the paddock. :shifty:

Maybe next year it'll be less about celebrities and more about racing. :D

·
Registered
'97 crv
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ya. weird seeing George Lucas there.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts