Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
98 vw jetta 3
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im not sure if this is where this goes but here goes. how hard is it to swap an f into a 98 civic sedan? could some please point me in the direction of the mounts ide need and tell me what kind of wiring issues id have. a buddy got slammed by a drunk in he front and mangled his 93 accord lx so we were thinking we know where a 98 civic sedan is with a blown motor and he has a good one and trans sitting around doing nothing so we want to know how hard it would be if even possible.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
its possible, not really that hard if you can fabricate and lay out 1g for the f2d kit. look up posts by redzcstandardhatch on h-t, he has a 91 hatch with an f2d.

·
Registered
A space ship
628 Posts
First of all F*** yea!! I have thought long and hard about doing this. It is a lot of work but if you have the time and money it would be worth it. The F and H engines use the same mounts. Look at how to swap an H engine in there, there is a lot more info on that.

What you will eventually need is the engine, ecu, mounts, tranny, shift linkage, and axles. Some wiring will be needed but im not sure exactly what will be needed to do.

Just look at how to do an h swap. If you decide to do it please post a DIY or at least some pics and how you like it. Id love to know.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
i'd give you brownie points on doing something different but thats about it :p seems like a lot of hassle.

-Luke

·
Registered
98 vw jetta 3
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
well he has a wrecked 93 accord and he is considering buying a 98 civic sedan for the swap into i wasnt sure if the h and f were the same i know d's a little not f or h so much. ill check into that h swap thanks for the info guys. also cant find the mounts i neeed anyone kno where to find them i looked on tunertoys and they donthave them they have them for a k but not an h or f

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
f2b would be easier to tell you the truth since there is mounts already

·
bwah ha ha ha ha
CRX
1,475 Posts
iirc it's f22a1(lx) , f22a4(ex) , f22a6(se,ex-wagon)

F22A1: 125 hp @ 5200 rpm
F22A4: 130 hp @ 5200 rpm
F22A6: 140 hp @ 5600 rpm

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
they are about the same amount of work, if you have done one before. except one can go back to stock and the other can't.

true but with the f2d you have to make your own mounts and not with the f2b because of the already supplied mounts. but whatever i dont no shit if you ask bense he would tell you it would have been easier for him to do a f2b instead.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
true but with the f2d you have to make your own mounts and not with the f2b because of the already supplied mounts. but whatever i dont no shit if you ask bense he would tell you it would have been easier for him to do a f2b instead.
i was refering to the straight up F swap to a F2B/D swap. i already know the F2B is easier then the F2D. except for the "EF". cause bisi already had hasport mounts made up for the F2D swap using his adapter plate.

<- F2B build going on right here ;)

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
i was refering to the straight up F swap to a F2B/D swap. i already know the F2B is easier then the F2D. except for the "EF". cause bisi already had hasport mounts made up for the F2D swap using his adapter plate.

<- F2B build going on right here ;)

and ill be next after you i have my f22a4 sitting in the garage for next year. good luck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts