Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been driving B series motivated cars for a time now before coming back to a D. This motor feels slow, but i know it shouldnt be, or at least i dont think so, just doesnt feel like its making the power it should, it just feels like something is off. I dont think its ever been tuned and i know that Honda motors tend to run lean when they have bolt on's. Here is my setup, and i guess basically what im wondering is if anyone has any idea's on how to get the power out if it.

ZC bottom end
Y8 head milled .017
Zex stage 2 cam
Skunk 2 cam gear
Stock Valvetrain
Z6 IM
LS TB
Short ram intake
Bisimoto Knockoff header
2.25 cat back
OBX twinloop

I know that it doesnt really matter what muffler i am using, but i thought i would include what the air was moving through. Should i put an AFC, or VAFC on it and play witht he injectors and VTEC, or Wideband tune it? Im very unexpirenced when it comes to tuning N/A setups, i know a bit about doing boosted cars, with a wideband and getting the A/F right, but im not sure where to go with a N/A setup. Thanks for any replies, and im looking foward to your responses.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
GO to pgmfi.org it really helps with learning how to tune. If you run obd1 you can tune for just the price of a wideband and software.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Tuning for N/A is basically the same as for turbo, but you'll shoot for 13,4-14,7:1 AFR at WOT with advanced timing (N/A) instead of 12,5:1 at retarded timing (turbo).

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.