Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a TDo4H 15g turbo w/ my greddy kit. Ive heard people talking about putting an external dump on it to help the car out some and stop bosst spike. Does anyone out there know how are where can i get one of these from that will fit on my turbo??

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes. but i have a buddy that has a tdo5h turbo on a eclipse w/ an internal wastegate and he has a external dump on it. And he told me that i could do it on mine but i dont kno how to

·
Registered
602 Posts
This was covered a while ago, with turbos (usually mitsubishi) that have their downpipe exitand waetagte exit sprately like a 14b as opposed to those where it is built in, it is possible and somewhat beneficial to run a seperate dump tube. Most people just run it back into the downpipe, but I like the slight performance and sound of it being open.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im running a greddy full d16z kit oin my d15b what all do i need to put a external dump on it

·
Registered
602 Posts
You will need a flange that bolts up to the downpipe dise of the turbo, and need to completely remaky your downpipe by welding a bend off of the flnage. Then oyu will also need to weld a pipe/bend onto the seperate wastegate hole of the flange and not connect them.
here's mine while I was building it, before I put a bend in it to dump underneath the oil pan.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/sleeperhatch91/P7230137.jpg

·
Registered
602 Posts
Yea, thats what happens when you test drive and forget to put a valve cover bolt on...hehehe. Jackass :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts