Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wanted to know if the apexi world sport 2 exuast is a good choice for my future turboed civic? if not what exuast too get?>

·
Registered
314 Posts
those exhausts sound sweet but theyre a little small for a boosted application (2 3/8" i believe) i would go with a magnaflow muffler on a kteller piping kit. itll look the same from the rear as the apexi but you can choose the proper size piping kit from kteller for your application.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
its not too small, depends on boost pressure, entire setup as a whole, what you want from your setup...im running 2.5" on mine and its fine...
honda engines <3 backpressure

·
Registered
26 Posts
most people say go atleast 2.5" but most exhaust systems are 60mm which is about 2.3".. like k1dfreeze said it depends on your setup.. i personally am going to be running a 60mm buddy club spec II on my crx with a small turbo.. i think thats going to be plenty for myself.. just keep in mind if you decide you want to run higher boost in the long run your probably going to want the 2.5" or maybe even 3"

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
k1dfreeze said:
its not too small, depends on boost pressure, entire setup as a whole, what you want from your setup...im running 2.5" on mine and its fine...
honda engines <3 backpressure
turbo's HATE backpressure

but yes 2.5" and up is fine for a hmt D setup.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have 3" w/apexi N/A can....I was planning to boost again, but am going N/A this time...god what was I thinking. Anyway, the 3" screams at high revs like no other. I don't think I've ever met anyone who has said my car sounded like a "rice rocket." Truck guys even like the note.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
apex n1 univ muffler, full 3" mandrel bent, no cat, no resonator

1 - 11 of 11 Posts