Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! i Will build 2 all motor engines, 1 D16a6 with p29 pistons, itbs.
the other D15 block with Z6 head and P29 pistons too.

I talked with Delta for to order 2 272 cams, tried to find results on YouTube,etc but i only see "idle videos" and im not interested in to see that, just power results. any experience with these camshafts please? ive used Compcams and Works good but this time i'd like to use Delta cams.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
I had good results with an exospeed regrind back in the day. I have a 272 as well which I got for a comparison. It performed on par with the exospeed sv909 on the dyno. I did not test it for driveability but the powerband/curve was almost exactly the same as the exospeed so I assume it would behave similarly.

Approximately 150/140 on a D15b7/z6 minime with a TD04h-13c turbo @ ~7 psi (about the same size as a T25, came off a 90s volvo).

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
You might be better off with something bigger than the 272 then. Definitely reach out to Jon @ Delta Cams. He's great to work with.

I wasn't big into getting N/A power. I think with a pretty basic tune on the D15/z6 I was at 120/120 but that was with just the cam ... everything else stock. We weren't going for squeezing everything out of it at the time since I was prepping for the turbo ... also the turbo was super tiny and we were using the stock z6 redline.

·
Premium Member
Honda City
2,438 Posts
Fuck Delta Cam

They ruin Honda cams.

Hope they go outta business

Comp cam
Comp only sells billet cams for the vtec heads. (with varying definitions of billet)

Jonathan Martin <[email protected]> Wed, Aug 8, 5:33 PM (12 days ago) to me

Hi,

Unfortunately, we do not make any cams for that engine. We do not regrind overhead cams either. You would want to try webcamshafts.com. They would probably be your best bet.

Thanks,
Jonathan

me said:
On Wed, Aug 8, 2018 at 6:07 AM

Hi,
Do you have regrinds available for the Honda D16Y7 non-vtec engine? I
checked your catalog and I can only find vtec cams (non-regrinds). I
assume finding new cores for the non-vtec Honda engines might be difficult
so I can supply my existing core if required.

If you have any regrind profiles available, please let me know. Thanks!

·
Registered
93 dx + 92 lx
333 Posts
Delta aint goin nowhere, been right across town since before I was a kid. I assure you anything they ruined you wouldnt be left holding, they are good guys.

A regrind is what it is, dont matter who cuts it. If delta ruins cams every regrind ruins cams

Reactions: rico58204

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
My D16A6 with Colt's Tri-Flow 2 cam and PG6 pistons made 138whp on Humble Performance's dyno.

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,942 Posts
My D16A6 with Colt's Tri-Flow 2 cam and PG6 pistons made 138whp on Humble Performance's dyno.
138whp on a NA d16a6 with just a colt tri-flow 2 and PG6 pistons? What am I missing? Those are incredible numbers for a NA A6. I imagine the dyno wasn't on a mustang dyno but still, those numbers are impressive.

I may seriously need to consider this cam.

Do you have a cam card for it? I emailed colt but they're closed until Sept.4

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,743 Posts
138whp on a NA d16a6 with just a colt tri-flow 2 and PG6 pistons? What am I missing? Those are incredible numbers for a NA A6. I imagine the dyno wasn't on a mustang dyno but still, those numbers are impressive.

I may seriously need to consider this cam.

Do you have a cam card for it? I emailed colt but they're closed until Sept.4
Honda's LOVE compression. The A6's were underated. With a stock cam, 1mm bored, .5 bump in compression, and Skunk2 intake, 130 whp is the norm....

Junk 2 intake was worth 8 whp over the Y8 intake, 11 whp over the Z6 intake (Z6 had better midrange than Y8) with the best/smooth midrange overall.

It got a few NASA National Championships in the process.

That chassis BTW won last years SCCA Runoffs at Indy in STL with a B16 :)

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
I guess I left off the Z6 IM and Megan header, but I didn't think it would really mean too much. It was also tuned on E85. Humble uses a DynoJet

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,942 Posts
Was hoping for the actual cam card that has the LSA listed. Happen to have the paper copy they may have sent with the cam?

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
I got the cam NIB on here a few years ago. Don't recall it coming with a cam card.

Reactions: rico58204

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,942 Posts
I got the cam NIB on here a few years ago. Don't recall it coming with a cam card.
Okie dokie, thanks for the reply. Will have to wait until they get back from their months long vacation to get the info.

Super interested in that cam now since a crane 14 will probably never become available.

Honda's LOVE compression. The A6's were underated. With a stock cam, 1mm bored, .5 bump in compression, and Skunk2 intake, 130 whp is the norm....
Gotta believe that’s not on a mustang dyno if that’s the case.

I only made 154whp on a mustang dyno with my supercharged/intercooled Eaton M45 D16a6 and I’m running 75.5mm roller-waves, .5mm OS valves, ported head, web 148e/273 cam, etc etc...

Granted, there was still probably a little more HP on the table but not much..

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
If you end up going the PG6 piston route, make sure you have at least .050 piston to head clearance. I think I'm leaving a bit on the table because that's probably closer to .020-.010 in my engine and the reason I have to run E85 to keep the ring lands intact.

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
998 Posts
Alex @ Humble is also one hell of a tuner he will pull numbers out of stuff like no ones business.

He tuned my stock B20 and pulled 150HP on 87 octane
No mods at all just Hondata factory exhaust and intake.

·
Registered
571 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts