Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so far i got a EG hatch with a d16a1 (88-89)

MODS:
wiseco 11.1:1 pistons
three angle valve job
oversized ferrara valves
cold air
dc headers to 2 1/4 no cats
si tranny

just lookin for some input

·
Banned
1,815 Posts
Oversized valves is a nono. Oversized valves+ high compression+ bigger cam=bad news. Wished I got to you sooner than your post. I do knot know why that is, I've been told alot of times not to do that combination.

·
Premium Member
93 cx hatch
16,375 Posts
id venture to say in the low 15s probably
the model of eg hatch kind of factors in a bit as a cx is alot lighter than an si.. so which do you have?

·
i shoot stuff
2,422 Posts
yea i think like 2 or 300 pounds lighter

it really depends on ur driving skill and how often u trak the car

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
its not an si its an dx wit ex tranny and yea we checked all of the squish clearances its fine in that aspect but it should be in low 15 to high 14 rite

·
Registered
968 Posts
so far i got a EG hatch with a d16a1 (88-89)

MODS:
wiseco 11.1:1 pistons
three angle valve job
oversized ferrara valves
cold air
dc headers to 2 1/4 no cats
si tranny

just lookin for some input
i didn't know wiseco made pistons for a D16A1 - are they custom made?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
cause i had da 88 integra and blew the motor so i started building it then i found da eg for cheap with no motor so i chose to use dat car why wouldnt i do it. yea they arnt technically domed but they are high compression its more of a point.

·
Registered
968 Posts
cause i had da 88 integra and blew the motor so i started building it then i found da eg for cheap with no motor so i chose to use dat car why wouldnt i do it. yea they arnt technically domed but they are high compression its more of a point.
if they aren't domed and you have a D16A1 head which has a huge combustion chamber, your compression ratio is probably going to be somewhere less than 9:1 - the 86-87 D16A1 which had a slight dome had compression ratio of 9.1:1 - takes a pretty good dome to get 11:1 on a D16A1

1 - 20 of 25 Posts