Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have started to do a vitara build with a y8 block and im gonna use a d15b head with a roller rocker assembly i was wonderin gif i should get the stage 2 or 3 head? i would love to have the car street tuned for 15psi and 20 for track what head would best fit what i am looking to do hp range i would like to see 350-400

·
Registered
391 Posts
the only roller rocker 1.5 head i know of is a 8v head... if that is so your only limited to very small regrinds bro :/

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dammm, i kno i had a regrind in my y5 head but the thing i dont get is its deff a 16v head i kno for sure with roller rockers and the vavles look the same size as a z6 im confused

·
Premium Member
96,97,00 civic
2,149 Posts
This thread is funny. Yes the y5 has roller rockers. It's a 12 16 valve operation. I think I was the first to get one from bisi not sure though. Just send him an email and hel will let you know. The cng civic also has roller rockers. Same head as the y5.

Speaking from amkrew_1's experience with reground cams. Whoever you go with you need to make sure they keep the basecircle's the same otherwise vtec-e will never engage and you'll only have a 12 valve motor. Only makes power up untill 3800 so be carfull.

·
Premium Member
96,97,00 civic
2,149 Posts
I think that would be your best bet...there is alot of after market support for the z6

Not being a dick but other than getting a cam anywhere what other aftermarket support can there possibly be? It is pretty much the same head as the y8 other than roller rocker, rocker arms, and the way vtec works(totally different)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts